07-08 TSX Race Map/Calibration for custom gear ratios

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
r3coil

07-08 TSX Race Map/Calibration for custom gear ratios

Post by r3coil »

Hello Hondata,

It seems the TSX is one of the only platforms that does not have a race map/calibration available. I read somewhere that only race maps have the ability to change gear ratios. Because i have changed final drive/gears, when i’m in 3/4/5 it seems to think i’m in 3rd therefore boost by gear is all messed up.

Any chance of getting this added?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: 07-08 TSX Race Map/Calibration for custom gear ratios

Post by Hondata »

None of the TSX platforms have the ability to change gear ratios. It is difficult to add to the ECU.
Hondata
Pengo

Post by Pengo »

Greetings. By what principle does the TSX ECU with a manual transmission determine what gear it is currently in? There are no sensors in the manual transmission, which means it happens according to a similar principle as in the Apexi AVCR boost controller, each gear corresponds to the ratio of speed to rpm. Maybe there is an opportunity to allow changing these coefficients so that the "Duty cycle by gear and RPM" built into the ECU continues to work correctly?
Pengo

Post by Pengo »

2022-08-10_20-30-34.png
2022-08-10_20-30-34.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 1971 times
At the addresses shown in the screenshot, there are small maps of speed at the specified rpm for each of the gears in the stock calibration of TSX A21 ECU. If we calculate the speed in the transmission calculator by the gear ratios of the TSX manual transmission at 32767 RPM, then we get approximately the same speeds as shown in the screenshot. ~285kph at 32767rpm for 1st gear, ~684kph for 3rd gear etc. If you add the ability to edit this map in the flashpro manager, all tuners in the world will be immensely grateful to you. :D