Flashpro bluetooth to Google tablet 10 w/ Android 8.0

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
PR8urvtec

Flashpro bluetooth to Google tablet 10 w/ Android 8.0

Post by PR8urvtec »

Hello,

I am having some issues connecting flashpro to my headunit with android. Here are the details of the unit

CPU: Intel X86-OCTA-CORE 1.8GHZ SC9853 2+32 GB Amplifier Chip: TDA7851,The Radio Chip:NXP6686. 1) Built-in 4G Modem *Inserting 4G SIM card to the radio for Internet directly. 2) Built-in DSP * 16-band EQ, With independent front and rear settings. *Full q-factor fine tuning for each hz. *Bass-boost front and rear fully adjustable on the hz and level. *High-pass filters front and rear fully adjustable frequency and level. *Sub output level and low pass frequency adjustment. 3) Fast Boot 30-40s in the first time boot up. In next every time boot up, once put in car key, it will start tp quickly. and enter into user interface in 2S, if you do not need fast boot fucntion, you can turn off sleep mode in settings. 4) Support GPS Navigation , Bluetooth , Picture -in -picture,Split-screen Multitasking, Steering Wheel Control. Notice : This head unit has no DVD slot .it don't support dvd .and it don't support video out.

As of now I have been able to connect to the older Hondata Mobil app (Version 1.3) and SDASH and only have been able to get the apps to read out one time. So I know it can work, as it has, but not sure why it doesn't connect anymore. I know this isn't the unit in the Civic Type R and newer civics but it is Android based so it should be the same.

I am able to check the 2018 civic box in flash manager and able to pair the tablet and flashpro in the tablets settings. I then move to the older Hondata app (v1.3) and tap the lightening bolt. It shows flashpro and I select it and it yellows the lightening bolt. After this the app either freezes or it loses connection or says the ignition is not on in the status.

The latest Hondata app (v1.42) does not pick up flashpro at all. I have not been able to get it to connect even swapping around bluetooth settings.

SDASH has worked when the earlier Hondata app worked.

Is there a alter version to the Hondata app? I have seen someone mention version 1.5??? but have not seen it on the market.

Thanks for any help.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Flashpro bluetooth to Google tablet 10 w/ Android 8.0

Post by Hondata »

The dash app was made specifically for the 10th gen Civic dash. It may or may not work with any other android device. They may all be android but the android version will be different and the hardware will also be different.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=21545
Hondata
PR8urvtec

Post by PR8urvtec »

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I went out and fiddled with it more. With the 2018+ civic parameter left unchecked I was able to get my tablet radio to work with Hondata version 1.3. When doing this I did not connect to the bluetooth through the tablet bluetooth settings. As long as BT is turned on it picks the flashpro up when the app starts up and you select what device to use in settings. It did work in this setting with the older Hondata app V1.3

I read the thread you provided and I was not able to install Hondata V1.5. It would not finish the upload but after reading the provided thread I did not remove version 1.4 prior to trying to install. I will give it another go.

It's just confusing b/c another member in our TSX group has the new app working on the same tablet I am using. He isn't using version 1.5 either which is even more confusing. He sent me a video of the newre app working so I know it can be done just not sure what the deal is. He said he messed with the bluetooth settings in the app and it worked but mind will not. Works in 2 of 3 of the apps just not in the latest from Hondata.

Ryan
PR8urvtec

Post by PR8urvtec »

I am still trying to get this to work on version 1.4. I was able to install version 1.5 but it would crash when the app tried to open so I uninstalled it and put version 1.3 back on.
Lauro91

Post by Lauro91 »

Hopefully someone gets this working correctly. I too have the possible same tablet radio and it will not connect to the Flashpro. I'll uncheck the box and check the version I have soon. I'll come back with my results.
Lauro91

Post by Lauro91 »

Welp. It didn't work out for me. Still won't link up to tablet radio.
Lauro91

Post by Lauro91 »

SUCCESS!!! I was able to connect. Simply unpair everything or start blank. Download the HONDATA app onto tablet radio.
Uncheck the alternate pairing mode.
Unplug and plug the USB and OBD plug.
Open the app connect to FLASHPRO and it should work. Worked for me.