Awesome work HONDATA...

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2010 CR-Z (US, Euro & Asia)
555sexydrive

Awesome work HONDATA...

Post by 555sexydrive »

How easy will this port over to the GE8 Fit? I'm currently running a J's Racing reflash, but would so love to dump that in favor of going back to tuning for myself. I miss the the KPro from the 5R and AP2.
Wanderer.

Re: Awesome work HONDATA...

Post by Wanderer. »

Would also be very interested in this, have been dissapointed in the tuning possibilites for the GE8 and we are waiting for someone to step in and fill the void. Hondata, make this happen please for us U.S. based customers?

There are so many inquires on the Fit forums regarding this and no answers to give. Make it happen!
Jamy

Post by Jamy »

I would also be extremely interested in an option for the GE8. There are quite a few people that would love to have this available.

Please make this happen for us!
FitStir

Post by FitStir »

Please look into supporting the GE8 Fit's also.
j1nNju1c3

Post by j1nNju1c3 »

GE owners have been patiently waiting for something like this. From what I've read, the engine is basically the same minus the IMA electric motor. Hondata, please look into this as we're sure this is an easy adjustment for you guys.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

So I'm guessing that there is a post on a Fit forum somewhere encouraging people to post here.

It make no difference at all that the engines are both L15. This does not decrease the amount of work that it takes to make a FlashPro.
Hondata
kadamski5140

Post by kadamski5140 »

Hondata wrote:So I'm guessing that there is a post on a Fit forum somewhere encouraging people to post here.

It make no difference at all that the engines are both L15. This does not decrease the amount of work that it takes to make a FlashPro.
Hopefully you will come out with the flashpro for the fit. I will be patiently waiting. Do work.
Wanderer.

Post by Wanderer. »

Hondata wrote:So I'm guessing that there is a post on a Fit forum somewhere encouraging people to post here.

Yes, there was a post on a Fit forum encouraging people to post here, and tons of us would like you guys to work on a FlashPro for the Fit. There are so many daily posts on the forum asking about tuning possibilites for the Fit, but as of yet, we don't really have many options.

I would think you guys would view this as an opportunity, not an annoyance. Basically, it'd be you, J's Racing, and some company in Indonesia to choose from for a reflash, I would think you'd jump at the opportunity to corner the market early? What's the problem?
555sexydrive

Post by 555sexydrive »

Doug, Derek or whoever else is the HONDATA admin that posted. I know it takes a good amount of time to produce, but if you look at the numbers of Fits on the road compared to CR-Z', granted the Fit most likely has a greater percentage of people that are not into making their slow car just a bit less slow, but the CR-Z is pretty much the same type of car with a slight kick (IMA), just with tons less utility. It is a slow car that I'm sure a percentage of people who bought, will buy it or will not buy it now that a supposed hotter version is in the works also are not interested in making their slow car a bit less slow. We're just asking to take this into consideration. The sales numbers alone between the 2 cars should at least peak your interest. I without a doubt would purchase the day one is announced even before the actual product is released.

Thank you for at least considering.
Mr.Dan

Post by Mr.Dan »

I'm interested in this as well. I see way more Fit vs. CR-Z from where i am. I hope Hondata will consider this
phenoyz

Post by phenoyz »

I'm interested.
sarodude

Post by sarodude »

Consider me an interested GE8 user.

I do have a question.....

How far apart are the GE8 and CR-Z ECUs externally? So, let's say that I could just plug in a CR-Z box in place of my GE8 box.... Although unnecessarily costly, it could be an option of the pinouts are close & the ECU wouldn't complain about the lack of whatever IMA bits & pieces.

-Saro
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

There is very little correlation between engines and ECUs. The 2008 Fit ECU is closest to the S2000, and the 2009 Fit ECU is closest to the TSX.
Hondata
optix

Post by optix »

sarodude wrote:Consider me an interested GE8 user.

I do have a question.....

How far apart are the GE8 and CR-Z ECUs externally? So, let's say that I could just plug in a CR-Z box in place of my GE8 box.... Although unnecessarily costly, it could be an option of the pinouts are close & the ECU wouldn't complain about the lack of whatever IMA bits & pieces.
They use different pinouts for a few things. You could build an adapter harness (I did), but it would be a lot of work.

I tried this with a Civic Si ECU on my GE8, since it was most similar according to someone I emailed with at Hondata. It wouldn't work, it didn't interface properly with the immobilizer, MCU, or the console. I eventually gave up and settled with the car I bought, selling off the ECU and the harness I built. A few months later I bought a CR-Z, and was glad I didn't have a lot of extra money into the Fit.

There's really no market for a GE8 flashpro outside of a couple of the fit forums. Then out of that, there is maybe a hundred users who would actually buy it.

But as a CR-Z owner, I'm happy that I can buy one for my car. :D
555sexydrive

Post by 555sexydrive »

optix wrote:There's really no market for a GE8 flashpro outside of a couple of the fit forums. Then out of that, there is maybe a hundred users who would actually buy it.

But as a CR-Z owner, I'm happy that I can buy one for my car. :D
That's the thing, the US is not the end all be all. The GE8 is modded extensively elsewhere in the world and currently there are just a few reflash options available. I myself have J's reflash as most everything done to the car consists of J's parts, then there is RCA out of Singapore that reflashes the ECU and have had great results and maybe there are others, but I'm not aware of. That's the thing though, a reflash is a bandaid trying to cover up a wound that needs multiple stitches. So the fact that the GE8 is heavily modded outside the US, there is an opportunity for Hondata to go International for the GE8 versus worrying about what people in the US will or will not do. Hell Doug and Derek themselves are not even from the US. :P

Hondata being that the ECU is similar to the TSX, is it the TSX that has a FlashPro available now?