Test Tab

Re: Test Tab

Post by 1158 »

Hondata wrote:Can you datalog from SManager with both the S300 and TC plugged in? That way we can see the wheel speeds etc in the SManager datalog.

The datalogged ELD does not look correct. The next step would be to use the TC Testing tab and set a test output voltage, and then check that the ECU ELD is the same voltage.
I did datalog with both plugged in and I posted the datalog. Of course since the TC is new to me I could have done something wrong. I have the CSV file that the TC outputs.

I have used the test output from the TC module while watching the sensor tab in Hondata. ELD voltage does not change. With key on but car not running ELD voltage starts out at 0 climbs to 1.72v and stays steady. No matter what voltage I use for TC test output. I also verified that the voltage coming from the TC is correct. I cut some insulation from the wire and tested it while it was still hooked up to Hondata. I got the values I posted previously but for each value (0-5v) Hondata ELD value was 1.72v.

Don't know if it helps but here is the TC datalog screen capture I grabbed:
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If SManager is not showing the same ELD voltage as the TC output, then go no further until that problem is fixed.

Double check you have the right ECU ELD pin (D10 - check the wires around it too eg find pin D2 - brake switch).

It could be that the ECU ELD input does not work. In that case either swap inputs (EGRL or B6) or try another ECU.

There's no point testing by driving the car until the ECU is getting the right input.
Hondata

Post by 1158 »

Hondata wrote:If SManager is not showing the same ELD voltage as the TC output, then go no further until that problem is fixed.

Double check you have the right ECU ELD pin (D10 - check the wires around it too eg find pin D2 - brake switch).

It could be that the ECU ELD input does not work. In that case either swap inputs (EGRL or B6) or try another ECU.

There's no point testing by driving the car until the ECU is getting the right input.
I have triple checked the ELD pin but I will check again tonight when I get home from work to verify. I know B6 on my ECU is bad. EGRL is pin D12, correct? I did not see the EGRL sensor in the Hondata sensor window when I was looking checking the ELD voltage. Do I need to define it or is it possible my ECU doesn't have EGRL? If it matters S300 Serial# 24383. I believe it is a P28.

I don't know anyone who has a Hondata ECU I could borrow. The one I used to borrow from a friend is not setup for CPR. If ELD circuit is bad is it possible to repair(I'm guessing no) or would the ECU need to be replaced?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If one input has already been damaged, there is a possibility that another is also bad. I would recommend getting a new ECU to use the s300 in.

Post by 1158 »

Spunkster wrote:If one input has already been damaged, there is a possibility that another is also bad. I would recommend getting a new ECU to use the s300 in.
Yeah that's what I was afraid of. I mean this one works great but I'm running out of good inputs.

Post by 1158 »

1158 wrote:I have triple checked the ELD pin but I will check again tonight when I get home from work to verify. I know B6 on my ECU is bad. EGRL is pin D12, correct? I did not see the EGRL sensor in the Hondata sensor window when I was looking checking the ELD voltage. Do I need to define it or is it possible my ECU doesn't have EGRL? If it matters S300 Serial# 24383. I believe it is a P28.

I don't know anyone who has a Hondata ECU I could borrow. The one I used to borrow from a friend is not setup for CPR. If ELD circuit is bad is it possible to repair(I'm guessing no) or would the ECU need to be replaced?
Doh! To answer my own question EGRL/D12 is Analog 1 and I have verified I have a 0.1uF capacitor in C42. I will test voltages on Analog 1 later tonight and see what I get. Maybe I can just squeak by with this ECU.

Post by 1158 »

Well EGRL/Analog 1 is a constant 4.35v no matter what I set test voltage at. My mulitmeter sees the correct voltage value but the ECU never sees a change. Oh well. I guess it's time for a new ECU.