Hondata flashpro question

Vammowel

Hondata flashpro question

Post by Vammowel »

I bought a Flashpro for my 2011 K20z3, I have a questions.

Hondata told me the flashpro is specific to my car and can't be useD to other car. Once i start configuring/mapping the ecu, flashpro will lock into and from then on it only knows my ecu and cannot be used to others.

1. Is this accurate?
2. How can I save the original flash before I overlay the stock configuration during mapping of the ecu?
3. Who is the best tuner in the Northeast (CT. or Mass) that specializing in flashpro?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Hondata flashpro question

Post by Hondata »

1. Did you read this?
https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/v ... ocking.htm
You can unlock and use of other vehicles, but only one at a time.

2. You can return the ECU back to stock.
Hondata
ElsaLarson

Re: Hondata flashpro question

Post by ElsaLarson »

Vammowel wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:12 am I bought a Flashpro for my 2011 K20z3, I have a questions.

Hondata told me the flashpro is specific to my car and can't be useD to other car. Once i start configuring/mapping the ecu, flashpro will lock into and from then on it only knows my ecu and cannot be used to others.

1. Is this accurate?
2. How can I save the original flash before I overlay the stock configuration during mapping of the ecu?
3. Who is the best tuner in the Northeast (CT. or Mass) that specializing in flashpro?
Yes, the information provided by Hondata is accurate. The Flashpro is designed to be specific to your car's ECU (Engine Control Unit) and once it is configured and mapped to your particular ECU, it becomes locked to that specific ECU. It cannot be used on other cars without reverting back to the stock configuration.

To save the original flash before making any changes or mapping the ECU, you should use the Flashpro Manager software provided by Hondata. Connect the Flashpro to your computer and launch the software. From there, you can choose to save a copy of the original ECU calibration file. This will allow you to revert back to the stock configuration if needed.

Finding the best tuner in a specific region can be subjective and depend on individual preferences and experiences. However, there are several reputable tuners in the Northeast (CT or Mass) who specialize in Flashpro tuning. It is recommended to do some research, read reviews, and reach out to local car enthusiast communities or Honda forums for recommendations. Some well-known tuners in the area include Evans Tuning, PRL Motorsports, and Vit Tuned. It's always a good idea to inquire about their experience with Flashpro and their specific expertise before making a decision.