Green light goes red?

SlowTeggy

Green light goes red?

Post by SlowTeggy »

Hello, I recently installed traction control in my integra and have noticed that after start up the light on the adjustable knob box (not sure of proper name for it) goes from green to red. I hooked up my laptop and drove around and noticed it said both my front right and rear right sensors are showing an error. I cleared the error and it continues to come back. So I assume my sensors are bad.

My real question is while my traction control light is red will the traction control still function properly and do as it should? or must I replace both sensors so there are no errors and it will work properly.

I have already calibrated the pulses per mile along with changed the wheel speed for front and rear to the fastest wheel so that itll basically wont see the non reading wheels.

Thank you
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Green light goes red?

Post by Spunkster »

It needs to have at least one rear sensor working for traction control to work. Resolve the problem casugin the error and it should all work properly.
SlowTeggy

Post by SlowTeggy »

Spunkster wrote:It needs to have at least one rear sensor working for traction control to work. Resolve the problem casugin the error and it should all work properly.
It does have one rear sensor working. The rear left sensor works and the front left sensor works. I did a few pulls and it seems to be working. Now for the fine tuning
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If this is a front wheel drive you will need to have both front sensors working and at least one rear sensor working.
SlowTeggy

Post by SlowTeggy »

Spunkster wrote:If this is a front wheel drive you will need to have both front sensors working and at least one rear sensor working.
Directly from the Hondata site.
"Do I need four wheel speed sensors?
Traction control will work with just one front and one rear speed sensor, but cornering slip compensation cannot be calculated unless you have two sensors on the un-driven wheels."
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It will work with only one front and rear sensor, but it will work a lot better with all four sensors.
Hondata
SlowTeggy

Post by SlowTeggy »

Hondata wrote:It will work with only one front and rear sensor, but it will work a lot better with all four sensors.
yea that makes sense, I thought maybe the two right sensors were dirty, I cleaned them off and the rear left started reading at higher speeds 40mph+ but the front continues to not read at all.