Analog input sampling frequency

jun1or

Analog input sampling frequency

Post by jun1or »

Hondata,

I have read that not all analog inputs are alike, I.E. some allow higher sampling frequency. Obviously Traction Control requires the highest sampling rate.

Questions I do have:
1.) What are the sampling frequencies of ELD, EGRL, and ECT2 for 06-09 S2000?
2.) At one point you made reference to removing ECT2 as a viable input on 8thgen civic forum due to low sampling frequency of 10 per second. http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/hondata/ ... hread.html. Did this happen? I see the documentation page for FlashPro ECU connections still reflects ECT2 as a viable analog input. http://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/in ... ectors.htm
3.) Lastly, please rank or correct the order in which sensor outputs require the highest to lowest sample frequency for reliable operation.
  • a.) Traction Control (highest)
  • b.) Wideband o2 (high)
  • c.) Flex fuel sensor 0-5v (low/med)
In the case of #3, would the recommended configuration be TC = ELD, WB = EGRL, FlexFuel = ECT2?
May I recommend adding the sampling rates to documentation? Or at minimum a note of low sampling rate for ECT2?

Thanks in advance,

JR
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Analog input sampling frequency

Post by Hondata »

They are all around 100 Hz, with the exception of ECT2 which seems to be 5-10Hz. We've left ECT2 in as an option, because the same module is used for all analog inputs and it is easier that way. plug other vehicles don't (or may not) have the ECT2 limitation.
So I would use any input other than ECT2 (on the Civic at least) for the TC input.
Hondata
jun1or

Re: Analog input sampling frequency

Post by jun1or »

Hondata wrote:They are all around 100 Hz, with the exception of ECT2 which seems to be 5-10Hz. We've left ECT2 in as an option, because the same module is used for all analog inputs and it is easier that way. plug other vehicles don't (or may not) have the ECT2 limitation.
So I would use any input other than ECT2 (on the Civic at least) for the TC input.

Wonderful, thanks for the clarification.

May I suggest adding the aforementioned to the documentation to help others in deciding inputs to use?

Also, how is resolution on ECT2 on 06-09 s2000?