2012 SI calibration help

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
Flipsi

Re: 2012 SI calibration help

Post by Flipsi »

I did a couple of datalogs over the week. They felt good, even though the third one showed a coupe knocks on my WOT 3rd gear pull. It looks like they showed up after VTEC. Other than that they looked "ok", haha.
Attachments
FLIPSI.HYBRID.DATALOG11.fpdl
(3.09 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
FLIPSI.HYBRID.DATALOG10.fpdl
(2.19 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
FLIPSI.HYBRID.DATALOG09.fpdl
(2.54 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah they all looked pretty good. Had that one with a couple knock right in the common area on these so I touched up the ignition there. Take this next one for a drive when you can to see if we get back to knock free.
Flipsi.Hybrid.Rev09.fpcal
(24.29 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Flipsi

Post by Flipsi »

Hey EFICU, hope you're having a great weekend. Just a quick reply to touch base. I've been driving a few days on this new calibration and it feels great. I've been noticing that its been getting 1 or 2 knock counts while WOT going past 6-6.5kRPMS, and of course each time I forgot to datalog. The temps when doing these has been cooler while driving compared to the previous 1 or 2 calibrations. Could this have anything to do with it possibly? Thanks again!
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

It could be due to cooler temps in that warmer temps have compensations for ignition and fuel. So, now that the temps are cooler those compensations aren't pulling as much timing so the delivered ignition is too much. Try to datalog when you can and see if you can record it. A couple knock is no big deal, but still keep me in the loop so we can get rid of them for you. It would be a simple fix and wouldn't impact the performance.
Flipsi

Post by Flipsi »

Ok makes sense. I’ll try to do a couple datalogs in the next couple of days and send them your way. Would it be a good idea to have a “warm temp calibration” for warmer weather and a “cool temp calibration” for cooler weather saved on the flashpro?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. No, that’s the reason why they have temp compensations. It just needs a minor touchup I’m sure to the table or the compensations. This is all assuming the intake temps are that much cooler too. Once we see a datalog we can analyze comp tables and intake temps.
Flipsi

Post by Flipsi »

Here are 2 datalogs I did. Both are done in the afternoon, with the temps a litttle warmer than the previous datalogs. I didn't get any knocks on either one this time, so I'm guessing it just needs a couple tiny tweaks for the temp compensation or something. Thank you.
Attachments
FLIPSI.HYBRID.DATALOG13.fpdl
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
FLIPSI.HYBRID.DATALOG12.fpdl
(2.76 MiB) Downloaded 55 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

At least we don't have any knock there at those temps. I went ahead and made a couple temp compensations to go with some changes in the table. You might try to datalog a cooler drive when you saw the knock to replicate the scenario. But based on yoru feedback, I made some changes above 6000rpm and some in the compensation. I also made some MAF changes, WOT fueling was great.
Flipsi.Hybrid.Rev10.fpcal
(24.28 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Flipsi

Post by Flipsi »

Hey EFICU, I was able to do a short datalog to see if any knocks were present during cooler temps this morning. It didn't show to produce any knocks on both full throttle runs or during regular driving.
Attachments
FLIPSI.HYBRID.DATALOG14.fpdl
(906.37 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks good. I would say just keep testing it for fun when you have time, and we'll see if you can get it to do it. The ones you have might have been a fluke, who knows. Either way I'm here for whatever you need. So keep testing it for fun while you're out, and if you see a knock in the datalog just post it here and we will go from there.
codemaster2

Post by codemaster2 »

Hi Eficu, my 2007 Honda civic EX stock R18 engine always have high negative fuel trim, both long and short term . around -14 and -20

So far, have clean the mass airflow, checked the 02 sensor and it is ok, change the air filter to a new one

Please what should I do to solve this problem.
Flipsi

Post by Flipsi »

Hey EFICU, it's been a few months! The car has been driving awesome! I had to enable the secondary O2 back in October so my car would pass emissions, haha.
So, one of my friends used to have 9th gen SI, but sold it and hasn't had it for a few years. He was cleaning out his garage a week ago and found his old K&N typhoon intake. He asked if I wanted it, otherwise, he was just going to chunk it his bulk trash pickup, haha. Of course I said yes, haha. I didn't want it to go to the trash. It's in great condition. He actually cleaned and oiled it before he stored in a bag when he put it away, so the filter looked almost brank new.
Anyway, I was wondering if it should be ok to run it on my car without doing anything to it? I just installed it a couple of days ago. I did a couple WOT pulls from 3k-5k just to see how it feels/sounds. It felt ok, didn't really get on it much, but man is it loud, especially when VTEC engaged, haha.
Should I record a datalog session for you to take a look at to see how things look? Thanks again for the great work.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Hey Flip! Yeah I don't recall off the top of my head a K&N 9th gen tune that I've done. I have been working on a few K&N 8th gens lately and they all seem to like running on the MAF sensor, which your car is right now. I would definitely recommend to make a datalog like you were back when we were tuning your car. 20 minutes or so with the third gear WOT pull. Then we can see how it all looks. I would say it most likely needs some adjustments to the fuel, but that would be easy to do.

So post a datalog when you can, then we'll see how it looks. Glad all has been well with it since we tuned it.
Flipsi

Post by Flipsi »

EFICU wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:10 am Hey Flip! Yeah I don't recall off the top of my head a K&N 9th gen tune that I've done. I have been working on a few K&N 8th gens lately and they all seem to like running on the MAF sensor, which your car is right now. I would definitely recommend to make a datalog like you were back when we were tuning your car. 20 minutes or so with the third gear WOT pull. Then we can see how it all looks. I would say it most likely needs some adjustments to the fuel, but that would be easy to do.

So post a datalog when you can, then we'll see how it looks. Glad all has been well with it since we tuned it.
Here's a datalog I just finished tonight. Outside temps during this was around the low to mid 60's and dropping. What do you think?
Attachments
FLIPSI.HYBRID.DATALOG16.fpdl
(3.02 MiB) Downloaded 53 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks pretty good. It actually impacted the MAF scale for part throttle more than WOT, but that's fine. I made some MAF scaling adjustments for that, and some minor WOT fueling. No knock still which is great. Take this one for a drive when you can and we'll see how it looks.

Are you planning on doing a DP any time soon, or is this going to be your setup for the long term?
Flipsi.Hybrid.Rev11 (K&N).fpcal
(24.25 KiB) Downloaded 54 times