Fuel Suggestion Inconsistencies

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
bigbadspoon

Fuel Suggestion Inconsistencies

Post by bigbadspoon »

I posted a while ago about how my car was running lean in the morning and rich in the evening during my 45 minute commute to work (basically 20-ish minutes of cruising at 65). For a while I thought it was just something inconsistent about running an AFM tune, so I switched to MAP and dialed in the numbers for about a week.

Seems like, no matter what I do, it's near-perfect on the way to work, and over 5% rich on the way home, even when I try to bump down the values to split the difference.

I would definitely appreciate someone with a little more experience taking a look at what's going on and letting me know if I'm missing something obvious. I turned off the LTFT for a few drives to see if it was skewing the results, but doesn't seem to be.
Attachments
suggested cell changes on the way home
suggested cell changes on the way home
home from work suggestions.jpg (63.03 KiB) Viewed 3287 times
suggested cell changes to work
suggested cell changes to work
to-work suggestions.jpg (67.32 KiB) Viewed 3287 times
Se.fpdl
datalog for coming home from work
(4.83 MiB) Downloaded 259 times
datalo.fpdl
log for going to work
(4.65 MiB) Downloaded 283 times
22may13 Speed Density LTFT off for tuning.fpcal
my calibration
(20.58 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Fuel Suggestion Inconsistencies

Post by Spunkster »

Look at the difference in your battery voltages. That is the only thing I can see different. This probably has to do with your headlights being on. Those minor differences in short term fuel trim are normal for the day to day operation of the car and not something to be overly concerned about.
bigbadspoon

Post by bigbadspoon »

Yeah, 5% isn't huge, but it seems weird that running the alternator uses that much more fuel.

I'm not terribly concerned with the highway trims being off, but the lower cam cells showed some crazier things like +3% to work and -12% on the way home. Some of them are over 15% difference in one direction. It seems like it shouldn't vary more than 10% at the worst, and 3-5 would be pretty acceptable.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Return the ECU to stock and datalog and see if the same thing happens.