My tune.

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
iXtr3me

My tune.

Post by iXtr3me »

I have had my car flashpro tuned as I'm sure you know from previous posts. I am wondering what happens to that tune if the Dealership has to update my ECU to fix a cylinder misfire issue or something like that.

Will I lose my tune? If I do lose my tune and then re-upload it from the flashpro when I get home, will I then lose the fix that the Dealership put on?

I know this is really newb but I'm also really newb to this.
2012 - Honda Civic SI HFP in White
At least my basic mod's constant CEL's add a nice yellow ambiance
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: My tune.

Post by Hondata »

Worst case is that you would need to reflash the ECU again. We have the latest fixes from Honda, and at this point typically there will not be any more changes from Honda.
Hondata
iXtr3me

Post by iXtr3me »

So the dealership replaced the stat and fluid hoping that was the cause of the P0128 code.

I was waiting for that before I uploaded my new .fpcal from Steve at E Tunez. Where is the best place to step-by-step explain how to do that? I hjave the file in my e-mail but want to do it right the first time and not mess anything up.

I have FlashPro fully installed and have even ran a datalog for him, i just am not certain the correct method to upload this improved calibration.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Great product, keep up the good work.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Just plug everything in, load the calibration into the software and upload it to the ECU.
iXtr3me

Post by iXtr3me »

So Honda is making me remove my CAI because they don't want to try and fix the P0128 code with an AEM intake on the car. They believe that is the issue and will not perform any further warranty work until the factory air box is back on. I'm wondering if it's possible my Hondata tune is causing the code in some way?

My tune was done on an actual dyno with Steve from E-Tunez so i'm thinking he knows what he is doing. Maybe he missed something though? I sure hope my 3.5 hours of tuning was not a complete waste of over $600.00 plus another $600 for the Flash Pro.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The current beta version of software will allow you do disable the P0128 error code. IF the dealer wants you to return it to stock to resolve another issue, I would comply with what they want, you can always put the intake back on when they are done.
iXtr3me

Post by iXtr3me »

For the P0128 to show up as a CEL it has to see the error twice I've noticed. The first time it'll show up with an OBD reader but not as an official CEL yet.

The delaership put the factory airbox back on and when I got to work this morning I did a quick scan and have the first of two. On the way home I'll certainly get the CEL again. Seems the CAI I had was not the culprit.

What I need to know is if the calibration tune I have could possibly be the cause?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you downloaded the most recent beta version of software and tried disabling this error code?
iXtr3me

Post by iXtr3me »

Good morning gentlemen. This is just an FYI that I finally put my CAI back in to the car and had Steve at ETunez update my tune to include the P0128 delete.

I've now driven two full drive cycles, meaning 8 hours between run times minimum, and so far no sign of the dreaded code or any other issue. Usually by now Id have gotten the first of two codes stored. My reader would not show the first as a MIL yet but would record it anyhow.

Looks like this is a good fix for now. Any idea if the bug will ever be found so that I can have that sensor turned back on? Reason I ask is I won't know if I do end up having a thermostat issue in the future.