Anyone have basemap?

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
ZachFB6

Anyone have basemap?

Post by ZachFB6 »

Hi all, fairly new to tuning but I’ve learned how to load the pre installed basemap on the flashpro already but now I’m looking for a little bit of help since I’m no longer stock.
I’m running:
Skunk2
Stock exhaust with muffler and resonator deleted (essential stock sized straight pipe)
Factory clutch
And I just ordered my ktuned 3.5in short ram intake.
Everything else is stock until I upgrade to a custom 3in exhaust.
I understand with that intake it needs to be a MAP based tune but I’m unsure on which if any of the preinstalled basemaps will work best. Can provide some data logs
Located in the triad area of NC elevation is approx. 892’
Pump 93 always
EFICU

Re: Anyone have basemap?

Post by EFICU »

Hi Zach,

I can help you if you need some help. What year is your 9th gen?

Are you looking to wait til you get your K-Tuned intake, or you want something for now and then retune it when the intake comes?
ZachFB6

Post by ZachFB6 »

I ordered it this morning and should be here by Tuesday (5/19) if all goes well. If it’s recommended I’m willing to wait until it arrives for sake of time spent tuning. My car is a 2013 Si Sedan. I’d be happy to PM you and discuss it whenever. Spoke to the guys at Etunez but I’m not sure I want to spend the chunk on a full street tune until I do get a full exhaust. Not many tuning shops around me.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Gotcha. The K-Tuned intake is going to make quite a difference over the stock intake, so tuning it before and after would be quite a few changes and time consuming. With that said, I’m sure you’d like to have some fun with it until then. I can look through my basemaps for 2013’s and see if I have something close to start. Then we can make a couple quick revisions to get it close and safe. When you intake comes in, we can spend more time getting the details right.

E-tunez used to offer one year of bolt on upgrade support, so you might double check that. Meaning if you get tuned now, if you put your exhaust on within one year, they would tune it for the new exhaust at no charge. It’s the same thing I do with my customers. Now if you went boosted or made injectors changes, they charge you for that, but simple I/H/E bolt ons it’s no problem at all.

Totally up to you and how you want to do it. The guys at E-tunez have a great rep as far as I know. Let me know what you decide.
ZachFB6

Post by ZachFB6 »

Sure man if you’ve got anything close to my setup I’d love to try it out and let ya know how it does for me. I’m trying to learn as I go with this and having some helpful minds to guide me in a better direction is always appreciated. I’m starting to learn about the data logging more but have yet to get a full log in yet, I’ll definitely get one as soon as I can to show how it’s running currently. I changed the calibration last night bro the Hondata Reflash and now my idle surges 1-2k when coasting in N and at idle, I also forgot to uncheck the P0420 box so of course the code popped up lol.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay Zach, I do have one that should be close. It'll take a couple revisions to get it good enough until the intake comes. But we'll get it pretty good for you.

For the datalogs, we need them to be 20-30 minutes with as much stop and go type signal light to signal light driving. That populates a lot more data than steady state cruise control driving. On the drive, throw in one wide open throttle (WOT) pull in third gear from 2000-7600rpms so we can see the WOT fueling. Let me know if you have any questions on it. Try not to get too wild with the driving on this first file, I want to see how things look before I turn you loose. Normal driving, with one WOT pull in third gear like I mention, then in the next revision you can get after it a little more once I've made some changes to get it closer.
Attachments
Zach.FB6.SD.Rev01.fpcal
(24.18 KiB) Downloaded 169 times