13 Si Acuity CAI map help............

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
jeffn

13 Si Acuity CAI map help............

Post by jeffn »

datalog5-30.fpdl
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 157 times
Gents,

My bolt on's are Skunk2 Alpha header and Nvidia Q300 3"exhaust. I just installed the Acuity CAI to the OEM intake today.
I cannot get this car to idle right, doing the surge thing. i have tried to do the re-learn 5 times and went for an hour drive to see if the computer would smooth things out with no luck.

During that drive i did a data log, no WOT, cause my fear is that I am running lean, I used the PRL base map upon the recommendation from the folks at Acuity.

Here is where i need the help: my local tuner shop is not very local, 3 hour drive. I would like to drive this car down there next weekend and get a dyno tune. Can someone in the know look at this data log please and let me know if it would be safe to drive that far? (this is a small one, i do have a 20 min one but cant upload here)

Thanks
Jeff
EFICU

Re: 13 Si Acuity CAI map help............

Post by EFICU »

If anything Jeff it is a little rich more than lean. Are you using the PRL basemap as it is? If so, it's set to run on the MAF sensor, with the Acuity you want to be speed density tuned on the MAP sensor. Verify which file you have, even post the calibration you're driving on so I can look it over. I have plenty of files to help you get it dialed.

Which tuner are you going to?
jeffn

Post by jeffn »

EFICU wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:36 pm If anything Jeff it is a little rich more than lean. Are you using the PRL basemap as it is? Yes, i did richen it up yesterday a little If so, it's set to run on the MAF sensor, with the Acuity you want to be speed density tuned on the MAP sensor. Is this how you set to MAP?(see pic) Verify which file you have, even post the calibration you're driving on so I can look it over. I have plenty of files to help you get it dialed.

Which tuner are you going to? Pure tune in Toledo, Ohio

Thanks
Jeff
jeffn

Post by jeffn »

This is the PRL tune I am running
Acuity_CAI_5-30.fpcal
(21.12 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

No, that is not how you set it up to run on the MAP sensor. It is setup to run on the MAF by looking at your calibration. You would need to go into the fuel drop down menu in the calibration. Then there is a box that says "use map tables", you want to click on that and then uncheck the "AFM enabled" box. Then it will run on the MAP sensor and fix your idle issue most likely. Keep in mind the fuel tables are not tuned at all, so you will need to make a lot of fueling adjustments to get it close.
jeffn

Post by jeffn »

Thank you, i did what you recommended and the idle issue is gone and seems to be running fine, if a bit rich.

CAT_Delete_Test.fpcal
(21.96 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
Attachments
CAT_test.fpdl
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 150 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Nice. Yeah it doesn't look too bad. Honestly if you want to make changes to clean it up we might as well start you on one of my files and make a tweaks to that. It'll take a few revisions to get it dialed, but you might get a little better performance out of it. Let me know.
jeffn

Post by jeffn »

PM sent