2012 SI Full Stock

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
9thGenKen

2012 SI Full Stock

Post by 9thGenKen »

Hi,
I have a 9th gen si that’s fully stock with just the MAF basemap from my flashpro And I’m getting some knocks. During a pull I’ll hit anywhere from 5-8 knocks at 45% control. I’ve tried different fuels, typically I only use Shell or Chevron (Southern Cali) and cant seem to find the issue. I’m aware a few knocks isn’t terrible but I want to make sure I’m not hurting anything. I can datalog sometime tomorrow but just wanted to see if anyone had some insight from prior experience before I get the chance to upload my log.
Thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 2012 SI Full Stock

Post by Spunkster »

Have you tried lowering the timing to see if that reduces the knock?
9thGenKen

Re: 2012 SI Full Stock

Post by 9thGenKen »

I’m guessing that’s the problem. from what I’ve seen searching around it seems that MAF map is a little too aggressive for pump 91. I’m going to try to tinker with it a little more. I didn’t have time to log anything today, kiddos giving the wife a rough time. Hopefully I can adjust and I’ll report back with some results, or at the very least a log for anyone to look at that knows more than I do.

I’m pretty new to tuning so I’ll have to ease into it. Only had it for a few days now so I haven’t gotten a good amount of time to tinker yet! Thanks for the suggestion.