AFM Tuning: Trims And IAT

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
BlackAndChrome

AFM Tuning: Trims And IAT

Post by BlackAndChrome »

Setup: 2012 Si, RV6 Catted Downpipe, Reflash tune as base.

Previously I had been playing with tuning AFM flow when my car was full stock but kind of got to a point that was better than factory but still varied over time. Now that I've had a chance to get my RV6 downpipe installed I've got more incentive to get things running a bit more proper, and I'm definitely enjoying learning more about modern EFI concepts. I've hit hit a bit of a roadblock in this process, I think I've figured out the next step but was hoping to get some confirmation and maybe a bit of explanation on the concept that I'm missing.

My datalog sessions are too and from work. Taking today for instance IAT when I left was ~32F. 15 minutes later it had peaked at ~40F. I averaged probably -2% for S.Trim across AFM.V. This afternoon I started at 50F, ended at 70F, and my S.Trim is roughly +5% across the range of AFM.v. Soa good AFM calibration is a moving target.

I guess initially my assumption was that the AFM already accounted for the change in air density due to temperature but I am trending towards lean as IAT increases. Is the "Air Temp Fuel Compensation" table used for a MAF tune and is it the correct way to account for this condition? Or is there something that I am missing?

Thanks,
-Nick
Attachments
20201113TW.fpdl
To Work (Lower IAT)
(3.84 MiB) Downloaded 129 times
20201113FW1.fpdl
From Work (Higher IAT)
(4.12 MiB) Downloaded 119 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: AFM Tuning: Trims And IAT

Post by Spunkster »

The air temp compensation should be used for making corrections to this.