ECM part # location

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 Acura TL
johjoh

ECM part # location

Post by johjoh »

I looked under my passenger's left foot underneath the dash, next to the console area.
I'm just not sure on witch number or piece is the ECM so I can make sure FlashPro will work with my vehicle.

I have an 08 Acura TL-S 5AT

http://www.hondata.com/flashpro_07-08_tl.html
Because here on the information posted the FlashPro might not work with ALL 07-08 TL's.

The closest pair of numbers I found was on a small piece of wires leading to a white box.
With the following; 3***2-RDA-A001

It's from the Canadian market, if that could make any difference..
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: ECM part # location

Post by Spunkster »

The ECU part number will start with 37820
johjoh

Post by johjoh »

So my next question would be; Will FlashPro work on the ECU of my 08 TL-S part # 37852-RDA-A001?

The specs on the FlashPro for TL states that (If I am reading this correctly) it would not work with my vehicle because the ECU number is not within the right range of #
The car really is a TL-S and your part numbers (RDA-A..) indicates a Base model.

I would just like to know if it will work. Because I am really interested in this product.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The number you have posted is not an ECU part number. All ECU part numbers start with 37820.
kn_tl

Post by kn_tl »

I think you're looking at a harness part number or something. The ECU is located under the radio behind the compartments.

I don't recall off the top of my head but I think the stickers on the side where you can't see. If you look at the drivers side first and don't see a part # then you'll have to pull the ECU out to see it.

You can pop the plastic piece from the carpet on each side of the tunnel. There are two bolts holding it in. One drivers side you just remove the bolt using a 10mm socket. On the passenger side, you need to remove the small duct piece, disconnect the ECU harness and then remove the bolt. The ECU can then be slid out the same side.

Here is an idea what it looks like on the drivers side. Be aware that I am going by an 06 TL so your experience may vary. The ECU is the silver thing behind all the wiring coming out of the tunnel. You won't have those to deal with as they were added by me to get things from the engine bay to the interior.

Hope this helps.
johjoh

Post by johjoh »

I found my ECU part number.

Thank you all for your help