Throttle plate limit at 0mph

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2012 Acura RDX
D-Rob

Throttle plate limit at 0mph

Post by D-Rob »

Hello,

I have a client that is drag racing his RDX, and is using the foot-brake to hold the car still while applying throttle to build boost on the launch.

I have attached a datalog that shows the throttle plate being limited to 20% until the car begins to move. Is there any way to raise this limit?

Thank you!
Attachments
LaunchNew.fpdl
(8.8 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Throttle plate limit at 0mph

Post by Hondata »

Short answer is no. It is the throttle brake interlock. All manufacturers use this logic after the Toyota sudden acceleration problems from several years ago.
Hondata
D-Rob

Post by D-Rob »

I was under the impression this was supposed to disable throttle period, although the car is able to "brake boost" with no trouble (allowing the throttle plate to be 100% open when the brake is depressed when the car is moving).

I have attached a log of it. I see we can't log "Brake Switch" on the sensor list, but you can see the VSS stay steady, then release in this log.
Attachments
BrakeBoost_RDX.fpdl
(6.4 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The manufacturer is not going to disable the throttle to the point where the engine returns to idle or stalls, in case the brake switch is faulty, so they allow a minimum throttle at low speed.
Hondata