Datalogging off of a oem ecu w/ interface terminal installed

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
Team KLR

Datalogging off of a oem ecu w/ interface terminal installed

Post by Team KLR »

If I wanted to install the S200 datalogging terminal onto a customer's ecu and hook my S200 w/ datalogging to it will the Hondalogger software work with that? Or does it need the other items, chips, resistors, jumpers,etc...???

Question is for use as a Hondata sales tool, just alittle work per car could really help you sell more base systems. based on the "cool factor" alone from showing them what "their" car's ecu can show them. I am not too shallow but many of my customers buy say, an apex i s or v afc just because it is a "sparkley" on their dash. haha

Thank you,

Mace Ward
TeamKLR
TeamKLR
Mace Ward
865-388-3253
Knoxville, TN
DaX

Post by DaX »

I don't know for sure but I don't think an ECU can datalog unless all the chips are installed. But hell, I wouldn't be beyond taking a stock ECU and trying it.

Hondata is not an element of rice either. If they want rice, sell them their precious SAFC and an Air Fuel Ratio Gauge.
Team KLR

Post by Team KLR »

Hondata is not an element of rice either. If they want rice, sell them their precious SAFC and an Air Fuel Ratio Gauge.[/quote]

True!!! it sure is not an element of rice. I try so hard to bring these kids away from the grips of "rice!!!" That is just another foot-in-the-door for me. I have been recomending purchasing a palm and using the palmlogger if they want a "sparkley on the dash". You can pick up the palms so cheap now it just makes sense. That way they can look at it but I don't have to worry about them messing with it and getting it out of wack.
TeamKLR
Mace Ward
865-388-3253
Knoxville, TN
DaX

Post by DaX »

You've got me curious about datalogging from an stock ECU...let me know how it goes if you try it out.

Also, I understand what you have to do from a dealer's standpoint...you sell what makes money and what the kids want. I was in no way trying to slam you for selling SAFC's and stuff. :)
turbo_civic_si

Post by turbo_civic_si »

DaX wrote:You've got me curious about datalogging from an stock ECU...let me know how it goes if you try it out.
there is alot of stuff on the net for that. i don't know if i should post the website, but the site deals with "diy" stuff and software.
Team KLR

Post by Team KLR »

turbo_civic_si wrote:
DaX wrote:You've got me curious about datalogging from an stock ECU...let me know how it goes if you try it out.
there is alot of stuff on the net for that. i don't know if i should post the website, but the site deals with "diy" stuff and software.
Yea, I know the site. I will try it and let you guys know if it will or will not work. I have a few Hondata system to install and tune first. Gotta pay the bills before one can play... haha

There are so many businesses out there that only care about making a buck. It is like they don't care about the "sport". I always try to sell my customers parts of good quality and ones that will match thier wants, needs, and set up. Not just whatever part I happen to have instock or get a good deal on. I see that crap all the time. Oh well, I am ranting on about non hondalogger stuff, sory.. I wll let you know..

Mace Ward
Team KLR
TeamKLR
Mace Ward
865-388-3253
Knoxville, TN
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No you cannot datalog from a stock ecu. THe Hondata rom and interface box are needed for any datalogging to occur.
stevel

Post by stevel »

No you cannot datalog from a stock ecu. THe Hondata rom and interface box are needed for any datalogging to occur.
wrong. you can datalog from a stock ecu. It's been done. You can't necessarily use hondalogger to datalog but you can datalog.

steve
locash

Post by locash »

Steve, the person was asking whether or not he could use the hondata datalogging software with a stock ecu, not whether or not other software existed that could do this.

Thank you for your comment, although it sure did not make you look any smarter.

:)
stevel

Post by stevel »

Steve, the person was asking whether or not he could use the hondata datalogging software with a stock ecu, not whether or not other software existed that could do this.
yes, i am aware of this. I was just pointing out it can be done. Being that this is a technologically based forum I just thought people would be interested to know it is possible.
Thank you for your comment, although it sure did not make you look any smarter.
I surely don't look to this board to prove anything, merely to help. Next time please keep your comments to yourself. While my post was out there as far as being on topic, yours has surely strayed and was completely unnecessary.