S200 dataloging will not stay connected

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
MaK

S200 dataloging will not stay connected

Post by MaK »

Hi I've just set-up my s200 and I cannot get the Datalogging to stay connected....it connnects for about half a second then dissconects!
I have a 400mhz laptop running win 98se and I have even tried using a friends 700mhz laptop running XP pro and it does the same thing.
I've read every page of the manual but after 8hrs of this I need some help!

no blinking led either...... :?
What's the best OS for Hondata?
DaX

Post by DaX »

Have you tried increasing the allowable errors per second?
MaK

Post by MaK »

Thanks I jsut tried that but it doesent make any difference.
It seems to be consistant with .6 seconds of connection before disconnecting.
turbosi92

Post by turbosi92 »

MaK wrote:Thanks I jsut tried that but it doesent make any difference.
It seems to be consistant with .6 seconds of connection before disconnecting.
Are you trying to datalog using Hondalogger or Rom Editor?
MaK

Post by MaK »

First off thanks all !
I have datalogging up and working in romeditor with romulator now :P I re-formatted and made a number of changes including a different usb->serial... But hondalogger still does not want to connect. I'm not trying to run them togeather but I sure would like to be able to use my g-sensor and take a look at all the other great stuff. Is there one logger version that works better than the rest?
turbosi92

Post by turbosi92 »

MaK wrote:First off thanks all !
I have datalogging up and working in romeditor with romulator now :P I re-formatted and made a number of changes including a different usb->serial... But hondalogger still does not want to connect. I'm not trying to run them togeather but I sure would like to be able to use my g-sensor and take a look at all the other great stuff. Is there one logger version that works better than the rest?
You can't have both connected at the same time first off but I think you knew that. :wink:

What do you mean by "Logger Version"? Use the newest software available.
MaK

Post by MaK »

turbosi92 wrote:
MaK wrote:First off thanks all !
You can't have both connected at the same time first off but I think you knew that. :wink:

What do you mean by "Logger Version"? Use the newest software available.
ummm what is the latest version? I thought I had it but now I'm not so sure, where can I download it? The cd-rom in my laptop is toast so I can't use the Hondata cd!!! can someone e-mail it to me? Please
and yes I have been trying to run the logger on it's own, I even tried rebooting the computer between running romedit and logger, still no luck!
whoojong

Post by whoojong »

yah, i was having this problem too, for some reason the newest version, 3.5.4 doesn't want to work with my laptop. I reverted to an older version that i had and it seems to work. a bug perhaps?

Whoojong