Trying To Change VTEC point

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
mipijemo

Trying To Change VTEC point

Post by mipijemo »

I have a s200 unit w/ datalogging. My tuner did a great job with my setup and the car runs perfectly. However, I noticed that he set the VTEC to engage at 4000 rpms. I would like to decrease it to around 3500 to see if there are any noticable gains, however, my datalogging does not allow me to do so. I'll delete the old value (4000), type in the new value (3500)and move the cursor to a different field and the old value just reverts itself to the original set point (4000).

Is the VTEC point "etched" in? Would I have to take my car back to the tuner to have a new set point burned to my ecu? Would the push button supplied with the unit be of any help?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Since your tuner burned the eeprom with the set vtec point, you will have to take it back to him to have it changed. If this car is NA, you probably do not want to decrease the vtec point any lower.
CivicVTi

Post by CivicVTi »

The VTEC crossover seems already low to me. You might have problems with oil pressure if you constantly engane it lower. Your tuner set it at 4k for a reason.