Hondalogger keeps crashing!

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
s88hon

Hondalogger keeps crashing!

Post by s88hon »

As the above says... It works fine for 5 minutes then I get a 'windows blue screen' and the laptop reboots itself!

Can anyone help? I am using XP and utilising a Toshiba (I have a 'satellite' laptop) usb-serial port adaptor.

I think the error was something to do with temp-locals????
DaX

Post by DaX »

Try using a Keyspan USB to serial adapter. We had problems with connectivity while not using this brand.
tboostdsi

dataloging software keeps crashing

Post by tboostdsi »

I am having the same problem, runs fine, connects fine, records fine but after a few minutes, blue screen comes up and computer restarts.....anybody know how to fix>????? :?:
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What brand USB adapters are you using?
tboostdsi

Post by tboostdsi »

brand is iogear usb to serial.....also, it connects sometimes right away, others it wont connect...just says connecting .........laptop is a dell insperion 2600
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We do not recommend using any USB to serial adapters unless it is the Keyspan USB adapter.
01 LudeDude

Post by 01 LudeDude »

I have the same problem with my laptop. If I pull down the file menu, goto settings and then just OK out of that window, then connect and it works every time. BUT, I can only run it for 1-2 mins then it crashes and my laptop reboots. I'm wondering if it's an XP thing, so I'm gonna format the laptop and dual-boot with Win98 and see if I still crash in 98. I'll let you all know, unless this has been tried already and if that's the case let me know so I don't waste my time formatting :)
tboostdsi

Post by tboostdsi »

when re formatting the laptob, any instructions on how to reformat it???? i talked to a guy at comp usa and he told me thats what i need to do to fix the problem about the blue screen coming up and all.... do you need the back up disk?
DaX

Post by DaX »

01 LudeDude wrote:I have the same problem with my laptop. If I pull down the file menu, goto settings and then just OK out of that window, then connect and it works every time. BUT, I can only run it for 1-2 mins then it crashes and my laptop reboots. I'm wondering if it's an XP thing, so I'm gonna format the laptop and dual-boot with Win98 and see if I still crash in 98. I'll let you all know, unless this has been tried already and if that's the case let me know so I don't waste my time formatting :)
We tried the iogear with windows xp and windows 98 with the same resutls...connecting then blue screening after about a minute. Get the keyspan...ZERO issues.
tboostdsi

Post by tboostdsi »

yep, i just got the keyspan. i have no problems, it fixed all my previous problems....i am very pleased now. THANKS ALOT!!!! :lol:
sander

Post by sander »

MUST use keyspan, i had countless problems with other usb adapters. i have had ZERO issues with keyspan

-s
learning.