Hondalogger issues...wont connect...no matter what

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
SIMPLE4012

Hondalogger issues...wont connect...no matter what

Post by SIMPLE4012 »

hey guys...i just got my s200 and am installing everything. The hondalogger will not connect to my pc. When i first tried to connect to my pc it said connecting...then 2-3 seconds later it was followed by a error no connection made screen.

so i tried to disable the fifo buffer...this time it said connecting for a while and then nothing happend...it just sat their trying to connect.

My fifo buffer is disabled. I am using com1 which is the only port besides the printer port that is on the back of my laptop.

Also, one more question...will a faulty ECU stop the connection from being made? i think my P28 might be friend i am trying a new one soon though

Please help im starting to get very frustrated
11.53@114.7
1.55 60 ft.
ALL MOTOR.
AndyE

Post by AndyE »

Here's the sequence I've developed to combat intermittent Hondalogger problems. It works 100% of the time for me.

1) Make sure the ignition is off.

2) Plug the serial cable into the interface box, but *do not* plug it into the laptop just yet.

3) Put the key in the ignition, and turn the ignition switch to on. Don't start the car yet.

4) When you turn the ignition on, the Check Engine light should come on briefly, then go out after 2-3 seconds. When the CEL goes out, this means the Hondata ECU is properly initialized, has found the interface box, and everything's ready to go.

5) Now plug the other end of the serial cable into the laptop, open Hondalogger, and connect.

6) If you successfully connect, start the car and drive off.

If you get past step 4 with no problems, but you still can't connect, then the problem is almost certainly with your serial cable or your PC serial port configuration.

-Andy
'99 EBP Si
S200 w/everything|12psi JRSC|Heatshield
AEM CAI|Kamikaze headers
Custom (quiet) 2.5" exhaust
Quaife LSD|JUN 9lb flywheel|ACT XTSS clutch
Eibach Pro-Kit/KYB AGX
Full polyurethane bushings/mounts
OZ 16x7 Superleggera + Sumi HTR Z II
SIMPLE4012

Post by SIMPLE4012 »

well i now KNOW that my ecu was faulty and could have been the problem..I will find out later when i solder in the chip into a new ecu.....Thanks for the reply man. Much appreciated
11.53@114.7
1.55 60 ft.
ALL MOTOR.