Logging with Stage 3b ???

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
Clutch

Logging with Stage 3b ???

Post by Clutch »

Here's the deal....

I have a stage 3 w/boost system connected to my car right know. I just recently purchased a s200 w/boost and datalogging. I installed the software on my computer and called hondata to get my key codes for the software. I was planning on changing my old stage system out with the s200 but for fun, I thought I would try to datalog from the stage 3 system. I couldn't get the laptop to connect. Do you have to have the stage 3 system modified or anything to get it to datalog? I assumed since I have the Hondalogger software it should log from the stage 3 system.
I going to try the s200 system this weekend when I update my rom in the ECU to rule out my laptop.

fyi...IBM computer with serial port and disabled FIFO buffer.
COM ports set to 1 in computer and software.

Thanks....
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The staged system will not datalog since it does not have the datalogging option.
Clutch

Post by Clutch »

Thanks....

I've been looking around on here and that what I've come up with.

If I was to purchase the datalogging option for the stage system, do you have to send the blue box back to get upgraded?
I tried Ctrl+M and all the options where shaded out.
I'm not even sure it connected to the ecu.
I know I can datalog with the s200, but this is for a friend thinking about purchasing my old stage system.

Thanks.
DaX

Post by DaX »

There is no datalogging option for the staged system.

I know that for me in HondaLogger if I hit CTRL+M and I'm not connected to the ECU, nothing will happen. The menu only comes up when I'm connected.
Clutch

Post by Clutch »

Thanks DaX

well, I was getting a menu box when I hit the Ctrl+M. :D

Yeah, I know you used to be able to purchase the datalogging option.
Was just under the impression that since I had the software from the s200bd, shouldn't it work with the staged system?

I guessing the stage system's blue box has to be updated to log and not just typing in the key codes.

No big problem...I got the s200 to use. :wink: