this post is long overdue!!

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
no mods

this post is long overdue!!

Post by no mods »

i have owned a hondata for nearly 1 year now. I originally started with a stage 2 then a few weeks later purched the upgrades turning it into a stage 4. I have talked to a few hondata owners and no one can seem to help. like i said befor i have a hondata stage 4 on a pr3 ecu. I ve spent over 900.00 to get this system and yet i still cannot connect to my laptop computer to the hondata system and perform the simple function of dataloging. I have tried multiple cables, multiple different laptops, and multiple different operating systems all resulting in ZERO LUCK. PLEASE PLEASE tell me what i can do to finally get my computer to connect to start logging.

*keep in mind i upgraded... could this have anything to do with this problem ?
*are there chips or something in the actuall box to allow it to connect?
*am i supposed to have open sockets in the hondata box?

maybe these questions will help jumpstart some ideas
(if you have any pictures that might help feel free to send them to Coontag@yahoo.com)

Thank you nick K
QUICKSILVER RACING

Post by QUICKSILVER RACING »

Call your dealer or Hondata

What Operating system are you using.

Could be the interface box.

There shouldn't be any issue with PR3 and Hondata.
HONDATA official and sole Distributor in the Philippines.
http://quicksilver.4t.com
+639178954747
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

When you upgraded, did you send your interface box back for the upgrade?
no mods

Post by no mods »

joe sawyer of locash racing... did not indicate the need to send the box back to him.. he just sent me the rest of the stage 4 parts..
QUICKSILVER RACING

Then you won't be able to datalog. Need to be sent back to the dealer for the chip upgrade.
+639178954747
no mods

Post by no mods »

no thanks.. ill prolly just trade it or sell it for what i can and put money towards an AEM.. even if i do have to go to obd 1 it will be better than trying to get help from people that are in the buisness to make money insted of standing by their product...

signed ...
a former customer
pills_PMD

Post by pills_PMD »

wow. way to wait an entire year before taking any action!

i would just like to say that hondata has given me EXCELLENT customer service and support and I would reccomend them any day.
no mods

Post by no mods »

i was under the understanding that this would be a user friendly system that contained all the parts to make it work properly. not to mention this car is my only car and i dont have other ecus to just swap and run a 2.0L with 440s so it makes it tough to send out the box. And as far as waiting a year goes please search though this forum and u will see that this isn't my first post on this issue...

(oh and by the way im sure you will be saying that when u have to purchase the 300.00 "upgrade" because they stopped working with the stuff u purchased a few months earlier)

stage 4 $800.00
+boost option $200.00
plus upgrade to new stuff $300.00

1300.00 for hondata
or 1200.00 for the AEM with six times the features
Choppa

Post by Choppa »

no mods wrote:no thanks.. ill prolly just trade it or sell it for what i can and put money towards an AEM.. even if i do have to go to obd 1 it will be better than trying to get help from people that are in the buisness to make money insted of standing by their product...

signed ...
a former customer
turbosi92

Post by turbosi92 »

no mods wrote:
stage 4 $800.00
+boost option $200.00
plus upgrade to new stuff $300.00

1300.00 for hondata
or 1200.00 for the AEM with six times the features
and 30 times the headaches.

I don't think it is your fault. I think the interface box needs sent in. I wouldn't just sell it and get an AEM. Those are much harder to deal with if you are an inexperienced tuner.

Good luck.
QUICKSILVER RACING

It's all a matter of choice.

If he can't make HONDATA work right, I'm wondering how easy he can a more complicated Standalone ECU.

My advice:
Don't sell you Hondata yet. In case you wanna go back and use it.
+639178954747
JT

Post by JT »

I think the original dealer who sold the box and the upgrade needs to take care of the issue. It might even be possible to ask for a loaner unit while your unit is being sent in for the datalog upgrade.
no mods

Post by no mods »

After a my lastest attempt to get it working and using the tec support # we have come to the conclusion that the interface box is not working propperly becuase the incorrect serial interface chip was sent. Does anyone know EXACTLY what serial chip should be in the interface box to datalog a pre-obd computer. (I was intructed to send it back from Matt at technical support but they DO NOT offer any type of rapid replacement while my stuff is being worked on. and like i said befor i can't give up my only form of transportation while it is being "fixed".)

and the comment about "If he can't make HONDATA work right, I'm wondering how easy he can a more complicated Standalone ECU. "

I have 2 things to say:

1. If the correct parts would have been sent there would have would be no problem
2. having worked on a AEM in my friends car.. 30 mins of messing around with the program as well as reading a few crutial pages from the manual didn't seem to be all that hard to me.

*but if u want to make personal attacks feel free...u just help reiterate my point how some people are in it to make a quick buck insted of caring for the customer and standing by their product---> "HONDATA official and sole Distributor in the Philippines"
QUICKSILVER RACING

Quick buck? hehehe... I do all the install for my customers. and all units that get installed are personally tested to be working in my car. and all those extra work for free (soldering and install). Hehehe. Lastly, here I am trying to help you out.

You are not giving anyone a choice. If you don't want to give up your only personal transportation then return the ECU to stock by cutting or desoldering the jumper connection J1. If you have a set of bigger injectors then you need to put the stock one back. If you have a bigger displacement engine then you need to temporarily raise the fuel pressure.

Otherwise, there will be no resolution to this issue with your car.

And to answer onew of your questions, its an RS233 serial chip.
+639178954747
7rrivera7

Post by 7rrivera7 »

I'll buy the unit from you as is...
:roll:
Respond to 'rrivera@elnuevodia.com' with price.