connection problem, flashing led when.. .

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
r7

connection problem, flashing led when.. .

Post by r7 »

when i plug in the serial cable i the led in the blue box, s200, just starts to flash.. meaning? bad rom? it's good, and it's not blank..

p28 ecu chipped by hondata
AndyE

Post by AndyE »

I run into this problem occasionally with my S200 system. Try starting the engine first, then plugging in the serial cable. This is assuming that the light only flashes when you plug in the cable, and works fine all other times.

-Andy
'99 EBP Si
S200 w/everything|12psi JRSC|Heatshield
AEM CAI|Kamikaze headers
Custom (quiet) 2.5" exhaust
Quaife LSD|JUN 9lb flywheel|ACT XTSS clutch
Eibach Pro-Kit/KYB AGX
Full polyurethane bushings/mounts
OZ 16x7 Superleggera + Sumi HTR Z II
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Do you have a Dell?
Tbone

Mine flashes too, until I hit connect

Post by Tbone »

I picked up a new laptop which happens to be a dell(?) I used it for the first time today and it did the same thing, as soon as the serial cable gets plugged it it starts to flash. I pressed connet to datalogging through romeditor and as soon as I did it stopped flashing and everthing was fine. I tried a few times after that and it did the same thing. So just press connect and it should stop flashing. Let us know if it works.
2.0 crx hf
BlueSI

Post by BlueSI »

I try the same I have a Dell D600 and when I try to connect it says Connection Error but only when I try to start teh car, if the car is on ACC then the hondalogger will work and it reads out fine but whenever I start the car it says Connection Error???

WTF!
Joshua Kriner
Revhard Stage 2C
Yeah I am a Newbie... So what
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This is a know problems with Dell's. You will have to use a USB adapter in order to properly datalog. This has something to do with something strange that Dell has done with the serial port.
crxluv2

zoinks

Post by crxluv2 »

I have a Dell. That sounds like alot of the problems I have encountered with my Latitude C840.