Hondalogger wont connect to PC

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
TurboPreludeSi

Hondalogger wont connect to PC

Post by TurboPreludeSi »

I am currently using an IBM pentium 3 laptop with windows xp to use on my hondata 4b. I cannot get it to connect to hondalogger though. I have the PC cable ran from the hondata box to the lap top, the honda red light is on, i turn the PC on, i start the car, i open the hondalogger program, i choose obd1 ecu and then i click connect. It says "connecting" for 3-4 minutes, shouldnt it connect sooner? What could be wrong?
94vtirozguy

Re: Hondalogger wont connect to PC

Post by 94vtirozguy »

TurboPreludeSi wrote:I am currently using an IBM pentium 3 laptop with windows xp to use on my hondata 4b. I cannot get it to connect to hondalogger though. I have the PC cable ran from the hondata box to the lap top, the honda red light is on, i turn the PC on, i start the car, i open the hondalogger program, i choose obd1 ecu and then i click connect. It says "connecting" for 3-4 minutes, shouldnt it connect sooner? What could be wrong?
2 things what version hondata do you have ?

pc stuff: are you sire something else has not got hold of the come port ?

if you have the s200 unit have you made sure you have unlocked the datalogger with your code via software
speed2000si

Post by speed2000si »

you can try going into settings in the file menu. Select the record tab, and try changing the com #'s. Just make sure you disconnect, and reconnect each time you change the com#. Also, I think you have to disable the FIFO buffer.
no mods

same problem

Post by no mods »

i cannot connect hondata to the PC either.. i have tried using win 95 and a win 98 box.. but it does the same thing with each computer..(error can't connect .. or acts like it connects but just sits there with the "connecting" message up.) i have changed connection settings in dataloging software and have purchased several types of cables including the null modem cable and still nothing.. i dont konw what to try next..
no mods

is there somethign that i need to install?

Post by no mods »

i have been reading about the hondalogger chip? Does it even exist? is that something the needs to be installed in hondabox? or .. does it come already installed .. or what..

still can figure out how to connect to PC to hondata
pills_PMD

Post by pills_PMD »

you need to have the interface box modified in order to datalog.
no mods

ok...?

Post by no mods »

so what does that intale? do i have to send out box? do i purchase chip? should chip be sent to me for free? ...

by the way i went from stage 3.. to stage 4 ... two weeks later if that helps anything
pills_PMD

Post by pills_PMD »

well if you have stage 4 then you should have datalogging
no mods

Post by no mods »

thanks for the help......