Pre-Loaded calibrations

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
Haklord21

Pre-Loaded calibrations

Post by Haklord21 »

Im interested in purchasing this for my 2017 civic 1.5L and I was wondering if the flashpro came with some pre set modules or does everything that is done have to be personally tuned?
volvospeed850

Re: Pre-Loaded calibrations

Post by volvospeed850 »

While the FlashPro will come with basemaps, You're best bet is still looking into a professional tune, or using the forum and guidelines to try to tune yourself.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

With the 1.5 turbo there is not that much to tune. Pick the calibration for you intake and go.
Hondata
CivicXTony

Post by CivicXTony »

Would the AEM cai be about the same as the Injen cai? Just curious if I should go with the standard tune or the injen tune. Thanks for any info!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

They all vary somewhat, even from how you assemble the intake (the alignment of the tubes affects the air flow meter reading). I'd try the standard calibration and the CAI calibration and see what gives the lowest fuel trims and use that.
Hondata
dataSquirrel

Post by dataSquirrel »

Any plans to implement a base map that includes the boomba bov?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Blow of valves that are not bypass types (internal recirculating) cannot be tuned because they release metered air from the intake system. The ECU has no way of knowing how much air is then going into the engine once they operate. I can't tell if the boomba bov is internally recirculating or vent to atmosphere, but it appears to be the latter.
Hondata
CivicXTony

Post by CivicXTony »

From what I have read the boomba bov does vent to the atmosphere. I believe it says so on the website. Still an easy bolt on mod to help with boost and sound though!
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

CivicXTony wrote:From what I have read the boomba bov does vent to the atmosphere. I believe it says so on the website. Still an easy bolt on mod to help with boost and sound though!
it does not help with boost. only thing it does is vent to atmosphere instead of recirculating back into the engine
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

To be clear: Please do not use blow off valves that vent to the atmosphere.
Hondata
VidaDeX

Post by VidaDeX »

If I use the "+6PSI tuned" base map calibration will this work with my PRL Cobra RACE CAI? If not can someone send me a calibration that will please. I'm new to the actual tuning culture. I have installed the PRL Motorsports front pipe and downpipe and deleted my mufflers and resonators. Everything else is stock, and yes this includes the clutch. Thank you in advance to whoever reads this!!
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

VidaDeX wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:47 am If I use the "+6PSI tuned" base map calibration will this work with my PRL Cobra RACE CAI? If not can someone send me a calibration that will please. I'm new to the actual tuning culture. I have installed the PRL Motorsports front pipe and downpipe and deleted my mufflers and resonators. Everything else is stock, and yes this includes the clutch. Thank you in advance to whoever reads this!!
You should of gotten the street MAF housing version if you wanted it to be plug and play.

you will need to calibrate the AFM since its a much larger housing than factory
https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/i ... s_flow.htm
janemar

Post by janemar »

Hondata wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:28 am With the 1.5 turbo there is not that much to tune. Pick the calibration for you intake and go.
I beg to disagree. On my experience with FP +6 base map with a completely bonestock car, AFM calibration is out of whack giving 9 flat AFRs and way too retarded ign. timing. It is actually too retarded that it is affecting coolant temp already(retarded timing = high EGT = extra heat added on the "cooled exhaust" setup.

Best bet is to have it check first by your FP dealer. Not really a "custom tune" per se. But more of an after sales support of a product, check your custumers car if the product you sell to them is working fine on their intended design. - too bad if your local dealer will charge you for that.
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

janemar wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:23 am
Hondata wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:28 am With the 1.5 turbo there is not that much to tune. Pick the calibration for you intake and go.
I beg to disagree. On my experience with FP +6 base map with a completely bonestock car, AFM calibration is out of whack giving 9 flat AFRs and way too retarded ign. timing. It is actually too retarded that it is affecting coolant temp already(retarded timing = high EGT = extra heat added on the "cooled exhaust" setup.

Best bet is to have it check first by your FP dealer. Not really a "custom tune" per se. But more of an after sales support of a product, check your custumers car if the product you sell to them is working fine on their intended design. - too bad if your local dealer will charge you for that.
the +6 stock intake calibration is base off Honda oem spec AFM values. Have you datalog with no reflash/tune to see what your fuel trims are? IF it's not within -/+ 10% then your MAF housing is off or misaligned
Civic x S.trim stock intake and stock tune_zpsswmv0ane.jpg
Civic x S.trim stock intake and stock tune_zpsswmv0ane.jpg (120.36 KiB) Viewed 11643 times
Civic x L.trim stock intake and stock tune_zpskkzb36fg.jpg
Civic x L.trim stock intake and stock tune_zpskkzb36fg.jpg (95.59 KiB) Viewed 11643 times
Pictures are from PRL
janemar

Post by janemar »

My AFM housing and all is aligned.

I think I posted it here somewhere already, basically -10 ave. STFT off.

+6psi fuelling is too rich(9ish) and timing is too retarded(-10 @ WOT) pre custom tune, atleast in my case. Thankfully, I can do my own tune and clean up things a bit.

I think, as bare minimum, local sellers should ask datalogs from clients just to check and see how their car is behaving after a basemap tune. Maybe, at the very least, AFM logs/cals. A quick email exchanges, datalog reading and reporting, $700 well spent.