Different Fuel Quality Maps .. 87 Ron to 97 Ron

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
ataulmunim

Different Fuel Quality Maps .. 87 Ron to 97 Ron

Post by ataulmunim »

Dear All

I have just received my Flashpro which I intend to use on my Civic 2016+ Turbo 1.5 (Malaysian ECU) in Pakistan. The problem here in Pakistan is that good quality fuel's supply is not stable. Pakistan has recently upgraded their fuel to minimum of 92 Ron but as our systems are, it is not always 92 Ron as mixed quality fuel is available everywhere.

I want to ask if there are fuel maps available for low quality fuel 87 Ron and then high quality fuel. I want to eliminate knock in any case of fuel and be able to change the maps according to my needs.

A tuner in Pakistan namely Unichip has presented a same solution but they use a piggyback chip and I have spent on Hondata for keeping things in my hands. I hope somebody has a solution.

Best Regards
Jun43

Re: Different Fuel Quality Maps .. 87 Ron to 97 Ron

Post by Jun43 »

ataulmunim wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:47 am Dear All

I have just received my Flashpro which I intend to use on my Civic 2016+ Turbo 1.5 (Malaysian ECU) in Pakistan. The problem here in Pakistan is that good quality fuel's supply is not stable. Pakistan has recently upgraded their fuel to minimum of 92 Ron but as our systems are, it is not always 92 Ron as mixed quality fuel is available everywhere.

I want to ask if there are fuel maps available for low quality fuel 87 Ron and then high quality fuel. I want to eliminate knock in any case of fuel and be able to change the maps according to my needs.

A tuner in Pakistan namely Unichip has presented a same solution but they use a piggyback chip and I have spent on Hondata for keeping things in my hands. I hope somebody has a solution.

Best Regards
The engine has a knock sensor that will adjust according to your octane(ron). The base maps are very conservative. 87ron is very low octane and below what Honda recommends. just keep an eye on your knock control to see if it goes up