AntiLag

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
peterletran

AntiLag

Post by peterletran »

Anyone have any news on the possibility of this function becoming available in future updates?
______ has claims of an antilag feature, and there are videos showing it on dynos.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: AntiLag

Post by Hondata »

It is not anti-lag, but launch control ignition retard. Perhaps in a future release.
Hondata
janemar

Post by janemar »

I think that's what He/She meant.

Anyway,

Does FP have launch control feature then??

If so,
Can you adjust timing retard parameter? How much boost does it build?

TIA.
peterletran

Post by peterletran »

Still waiting on the possibility of AntiLag being added to FlashPro.
It is unfortunate that their competitor already has the feature.
There is a launch control feature, but I don't hit the drag strip often.
I like driving the car to it's fullest potential at all times.
Having a turbo that keeps spinning during deceleration is much more desirable
when going through corners rather than flooring the throttle when trying to
retain traction during a corner.
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

peterletran wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:37 am Still waiting on the possibility of AntiLag being added to FlashPro.
It is unfortunate that their competitor already has the feature.
There is a launch control feature, but I don't hit the drag strip often.
I like driving the car to it's fullest potential at all times.
Having a turbo that keeps spinning during deceleration is much more desirable
when going through corners rather than flooring the throttle when trying to
retain traction during a corner.
Ummm They don't have anti-lag between gears. They have a 2 step launch control that does IGN retard like Hondata stated above
VidaDeX

Post by VidaDeX »

Any update on the antilag feature? @Hondata Also when do you guys plan on releasing the new PRL CAI calibration update?
janemar

Post by janemar »

VidaDeX wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:23 am Any update on the antilag feature? @Hondata Also when do you guys plan on releasing the new PRL CAI calibration update?
We need to clear this up...

1. What do you mean by "ANTI-LAG?"
- Please explain your expectations...

Don't wait for any "mods" specific calibration. The best way is to do a custom tune. Doing MAF calibration goes a long way.
VidaDeX

Post by VidaDeX »

janemar wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:48 am
VidaDeX wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:23 am Any update on the antilag feature? @Hondata Also when do you guys plan on releasing the new PRL CAI calibration update?

Don't wait for any "mods" specific calibration. The best way is to do a custom tune. Doing MAF calibration goes a long way.
Also, ON Civic X forums Hondata posted they will be releasing a calibration for the PRL CAI in the new update.
janemar

Post by janemar »

VidaDeX wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:07 am
janemar wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:48 am

Also, ON Civic X forums Hondata posted they will be releasing a calibration for the PRL CAI in the new update.
That is launch control. Step and clutch input and step on gas pedal all the way to metal, hence 2step and plenty retarded ignition timing and cut to build boost and there you go, brapbrapbrapbrap......

Its good to show off your ricey side to your friends in school or parking lot and piss your neighbors. And on a more serious note, if you do drag racing and have sticky a$$ slick drag tires, you want to build boost while waiting for the tree to go green. Set a pre determined rpm and boost to lower and have consistent 60foot times & prevent from bogging down.

From Hondata himself:
It is not anti-lag, but launch control ignition retard. Perhaps in a future release.
janemar

Post by janemar »

On my bonestock 1.5T with just a +6psi hondata tune, i got 9ish AFR. My friend used a X intake specific +6psi Hondata tune since He got this X specific intake installed in his car, and guess what? Same 9ish AFR. Atleast check your AFR and AFM cals. If you cheapened out on these things... All I can say is, Goodluck!
peterletran

Post by peterletran »

Anti-lag is ignition timing during deceleration to prevent
the turbo from losing too much boost when entering a corner.
Specifically, for autocross or circuit type racing, boost is lost
when the foot is off the pedal during deceleration, but
with anti-lag, ignition timing could keep the turbo spinning whilst
decelerating, however, at the apex of a corner,
boost isn't totally lost when accelerating out of a corner.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I'm not sure what you mean - 'anti-lag' (launch control) is in there for the 1.5 turbos. Are you asking for actual anti-lag now?
Hondata
pr3scient

Post by pr3scient »

Actual anti-lag between gears and coasting would be awesome, preferably with a threshold to not operate below. I just don't see how it could be added without either A, causing rev hang by not fully closing the throttle or B, needing new hardware to bypass air around the engine.

Early rally anti-lag systems held the throttle partly open and retarded ignition so there was enough combustion hitting the turbo to keep it spooled without producing net power at the crank. The downside was virtually no engine braking and a general unwillingness to lose revs (not such a big deal when you're banging through a sequential gearbox with a featherweight flywheel). These days they tend to pipe air from the bypass valve to the header to give the excess fuel something to burn.
RoderidtR

Post by RoderidtR »

Has anyone ran the anti lag? Any problems? What mods are you running?