CVT off the line performance

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
Joshcornkid

CVT off the line performance

Post by Joshcornkid »

I have a 2017 HB sport with the CVT.

Not getting off the line as quickly as I would like. There is a noticeable delay until the Turbo kicks in.

With the FlashPro is there any calibration options to eliminate this?

Regards
gtman

Re: CVT off the line performance

Post by gtman »

Out of the box, with the base tunes, not really. I have the CVT and Flashpro and off the line performance and throttle response is slightly better than stock only. Hondata is very conservative with their base CVT tunes.

On the other hand, if you work with a pro tuner, you certainly can get more off the line performance with a customized Flashpro tune. It's a very powerful performance tool.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Be careful with the CVT - do not 'power brake' to spool the turbo for better initial acceleration. We've seen 100% stock vehicles (including ECU) damage the CVT at the drag strip doing this with only 10-12 launches.
Hondata
xrunner_08

Post by xrunner_08 »

Hondata wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:22 am Be careful with the CVT - do not 'power brake' to spool the turbo for better initial acceleration. We've seen 100% stock vehicles (including ECU) damage the CVT at the drag strip doing this with only 10-12 launches.
And which are the problems! Or how can I know my CVT is in good shape or in bad shape before it gets broken