2018 Hatchback CVT Trim Question

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
SonyUSA

2018 Hatchback CVT Trim Question

Post by SonyUSA »

Hi everyone! :)

I was looking into getting a Flashpro for my 2018 Hatchback CVT EX but I couldn't really find anyone that flashed an EX trim or their experience with it. It's my understanding that it has the same engine as the Sport but with a sunroof and no Sport trim... is that accurate? Will I be using the same base maps as the Sport model if I get a Flashpro? Also, if you know of any videos of people showing off the differences pre and post flash for EX CVT... I love those! xD
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: 2018 Hatchback CVT Trim Question

Post by Hondata »

There are only two engines - the Si and everything else. The EX is the same as the Sport Hatch.
Hondata
SonyUSA

Post by SonyUSA »

So is the tuning just different on the base model then if it uses the same engine? I seem to recall there was a small difference in performance on the stickers between it and the Sport/EX.
gtman

Post by gtman »

It's the same engine and same factory tune basically. The small difference in horsepower rating is from the requirement to use 91 octane gas (and a freer flowing exhaust) versus 87 on the other models.

I've used a Flashpro on my Civic turbo CVT sedan and it makes a noticeable difference, especially in passing power at speed. It's well worth the money and a tune is the best single performance mod you can do.

Since you have an '18 model, check with Hondata for ECU compatibility. If it isn't yet, contact them and they will get it added.
SonyUSA

Post by SonyUSA »

Even on Honda's website it says to use regular unleaded and nothing about a higher octane, where did you see about the Sport/Ex higher sticker performance being related to fuel octane?