+3PSI Base Map - Actual Boost Up to 21 PSI

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
arnoldod

+3PSI Base Map - Actual Boost Up to 21 PSI

Post by arnoldod »

Hello,

I use +3PSI base map calibration from Flashpro with Torque limiter changes in Flashpro. I always use 98 RON (approx. 94 octane) gas.

I did a 1 hour 17 minutes datalog and noticed actual boost could spike up to 21 PSI.

I have datalog but the file size is huge so I could only include the screenshot of the spike occurrence below:
dp download

This is the torque setup that I use:
dp download

Don't be alarmed with the ECT, IAT, and IAT2 temperature as the ambient temperature during the datalog run was 91 F. This is considered friendly temperature in my city where average temperature is 95 F.

I'm open with advises as I am not a tuner.

My target is to tune the car to be quick and agile on the street, while maintaining reliability.

Thus, I'm trying to control boost at 19 PSI max to avoid issue with the engine.

Appreciate any advises and suggestions.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: +3PSI Base Map - Actual Boost Up to 21 PSI

Post by Hondata »

The ECU targets torque, so when it is got it will command more boost to make the same output.

You can reduce the TC max boost (IAT) table and you will lower the boost (and power).
Hondata
arnoldod

Post by arnoldod »

Hondata wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:33 am The ECU targets torque, so when it is got it will command more boost to make the same output.

You can reduce the TC max boost (IAT) table and you will lower the boost (and power).
I took a look the datalog in more detail and found the boost spiked up to 28 PSI level. Knock control was 54%, AFR was

Will this put my engine into a great risk?

I received several information regarding damaged piston rod due to Hondata basemap with no further adjustment so I need to make sure.
arnoldod

Post by arnoldod »

Hi Again,

I'm not a tuner so I'm not sure what numeric needs to be keyed in to TC max boost (IAT). Could you please provide the stock equivalent TC max boost and TC max pressure?

I attached the calibration here in this thread. I can provide datalog but it is 300+ megabytes. Please let me know if you were willing to take a look at the datalog and I'll upload it in a file sharing.

Thank You
Attachments
Current-Plus-3PSI-Calibration.fpcal
(14.68 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
arnoldod

Post by arnoldod »

Hello,

A fellow Flash Pro user recommended me to contact Doug from Hondata because there something is not right with the overboost control as +3 PSI should not go beyond 19 PSI.

Could you please take a look at the quick run datalog attached as well as the calibration that I use in the datalog?

Please note that I only changed torque value. There is no other value that I alter from the basemap but the torque value.
Attachments
Current-Plus-3PSI-Calibration-R1_11.fpcal
(14.67 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
02JAN19-PURI-TMI-02.fpdl
(3.02 MiB) Downloaded 106 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If your goal is to reduce boost the reduce the TC Max Boost (IAT) table. The values are absolute pressure in bar. So keep lowering the values until you are happy with the boost level, or you can start at 1.5 bar and raise them.
Hondata
arnoldod

Post by arnoldod »

Hondata wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:55 am If your goal is to reduce boost the reduce the TC Max Boost (IAT) table. The values are absolute pressure in bar. So keep lowering the values until you are happy with the boost level, or you can start at 1.5 bar and raise them.
After reading Hondata FP manual & chatting with several Civic X forum, I found out I need to subtract 1 from MAP sensor input to find the turbo pressure since this is absolute pressure on the intake.

Would you advise idf this is the correct way to find the turbo pressure?