Parts/Components Different: Civic 1.5T vs. Accord 1.5T - Max. Torque Question

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
arnoldod

Parts/Components Different: Civic 1.5T vs. Accord 1.5T - Max. Torque Question

Post by arnoldod »

Hi Hondata Team,

Hondata claimed that the safe maximum torque for Civic 1.5T CVT is 250 Nm. The new Accord is using the same L15B7 engine as the Civic with the difference on variable timing. Accord uses variable timing on the intake side, & variable valve timing and lift on the exhaust side, while the Civic uses Variable Timing on both intake and exhaust side.

Honda tuned its new Accord CVT to reach 260 nm from 1,600 to 5,000 RPM.

2 main things I need to pay attention when tuning are CVT and connecting rod (conrod) durability. My questions are:
1. Does Honda use the same CVT as Civic on the new Accord?
2. Does Honda use the same conrod on the new Accord as the Civic?
3. Could I tune my Civic to get the same level performance of the new Accord without worrying much about reliability and longetivity?

I would love to calibrate my Civic to reach the same performance as stock tuned new Honda Accord.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Parts/Components Different: Civic 1.5T vs. Accord 1.5T - Max. Torque Question

Post by Spunkster »

I believe the transmission is the same.

I do not know if the rods are the same.

You probably will not be able to tune them the same as the valve train is different between them.
arnoldod

Re: Parts/Components Different: Civic 1.5T vs. Accord 1.5T - Max. Torque Question

Post by arnoldod »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:54 pm I believe the transmission is the same.

I do not know if the rods are the same.

You probably will not be able to tune them the same as the valve train is different between them.
Would Civic CVT hold up the torque amount if I set torque limit the same as the Accord?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I would advise against modifying it beyond the limits we have set in the calibrations.
arnoldod

Post by arnoldod »

Spunkster wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:14 am I would advise against modifying it beyond the limits we have set in the calibrations.
If the cvt trans is the same as Civic, doesn’t it mean Civic CVT could run 260 nm torque as per Accord 1.5t cvt specs?

I know Hondata set 270 nm in Accord 1.5T cvt calibration but that is not my target.

I’m just thinking of setting the torque limiter at 260nm from 2250 to 5,500 rpm and gradually lower the torque limiter post 5,500 rpm.