My first Data Log... Is this normal for my set up?

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
yos025

My first Data Log... Is this normal for my set up?

Post by yos025 »

Hello all,
I have a 2020 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT. I got my Hondata Race + Mishimoto Air Intake this past weekend and I went ahead installed the intake, and tune the car using HONDATA to the +6psi high octane Mishimoto SRI(Using Shell Vnitro 93 Octane). I am using the improve boost option under sub modifications and below I want to share with you my first data log. I am researching and learning how to read all the info but a more veteran eye can perhaps help me see if everything is ok here.
on another note, I think I will reload the same calibration but with default traction control under the sub mods. This thing takes off very quickly and tires are screaming. I had to adjust how I press on the pedal to start since it is very responsive.
Thank you in advance.

Erick
Attachments
2020_CVT_Hatback_Sport_HighOctaneplus6Map_mishimotoSRI.fpdl
(468.71 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
yos025

Re: My first Data Log... Is this normal for my set up?

Post by yos025 »

I have spent sometime reading other topics here in the forum and found a replied from Hondata telling someone that it is always a good idea to check knock retard, lambda, and fuel pump duty on a vehicle.
I went ahead and looked into Knock retard and at points I can see this going up to 5 and 6 when I am accelerating or decelerating the vehicle. I spent a good amount as you can see in the data log on cruise control and when it continues in at the same speed no knock retard gets reported.
Is this OK to have that amount of degrees of knock retard ( noticed I am in Florida very hot weather using 93 octane) not sure if that makes a different. I just want to make sure this is not going to create any damage to the vehicle. or if there is anything I can do to correct this?

Thanks
yos025

Really Need Help... Knock Control, knock Retard...

Post by yos025 »

Hello,
I posted recently another topic regarding my first data log and if it is normal. I have been reading more and more regarding reading the logs and I am getting very scared about the data logs my car have been producing. I do not want to cause any damage to my new engine (it is my daily driver) and I am hoping that will last a long time. Here my info I have a 2020 Hatchback Sport, I wanted a little more power without doing lots of complex modifications. So I got The Hondata Race and a Mishimoto Intake since I saw that hondata had a base tune map just for that. SO I was hoping just to run that base map with the intake and not to worry much about anything else. but as I have been reading, regarding knock control and knock retard I see in my data logs high numbers in retard degrees, many knocks, but the bigger problem is that I cant tell if this is normal or am I causing damage to my engine. I am using Shell V nitro 93 octane so I am running the +6 basemap with Mishimoto SRI. Can someone please help me figure out or at least ease my mind if all this is normal.
Yesterday I took a 20 minute drive but I was just monitoring thru the cell phone app, I had 38 knocks in a short ride noticed it was very very hot.(not sure if this causes other reactions) we are in high heat alerts here in the tampa area at the moment.

I am attaching a few data logs from this morning when I took a couple of quick drives.

Anything anyone can tell me is much appreciated.
Attachments
UPS to Homedepot.fpdl
(357.57 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Home-orelly-UPS.fpdl
(324.47 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
Homedepot to home.fpdl
(151 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
yos025

Re: My first Data Log... Is this normal for my set up?

Post by yos025 »

OK. Thank you all. for those who will see this post in the future. since no one replied to it...
Please accept my noob apologies, I was freaking out when I first flash my car and was getting knocks and wasn't sure how to adjust AFM and things like that.
Well, a week has past and thanks to all the past postings in the forums(I have read a lot and about everything in this forum), Hondata Help files, and Hondata youtube video training. I now feel competent to see if my car is running lean or rich and how to adjust, how to look into the knock control, how to do and check into a lot other things.
So I just wanted to say thank you all for the great community here and all the questions and answers by the Hondata team. ( No need to answer my question in this topic)