Fuel pressure and more power

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
Shingo_FK7

Fuel pressure and more power

Post by Shingo_FK7 »

I’m pushing 330 whp and 318 wtq on e30 but injector duty cycle is too high to get any more power safely. Do I need to upgrade my fuel system to get more power or will the fuel pressure functionality that comes in 3.7.0 deal with that.

2019 Honda Civic hatchback 6mt
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Fuel pressure and more power

Post by Hondata »

You can raise the fuel pressure but the overall fuel delivery will be lower if you do. It depends if you are running out of fuel pump or your duty cycle is getting long enough to cause misfires. Without seeing the fuel pressure and injector duration I can't say what. If you are getting misfires from a long duty cycle you can change the injector timing to help too.
Hondata
Shingo_FK7

Re: Fuel pressure and more power

Post by Shingo_FK7 »

Hondata wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:59 pm You can raise the fuel pressure but the overall fuel delivery will be lower if you do. It depends if you are running out of fuel pump or your duty cycle is getting long enough to cause misfires. Without seeing the fuel pressure and injector duration I can't say what. If you are getting misfires from a long duty cycle you can change the injector timing to help too.
According to my tuner, my pulse width for my injectors when boost kicks in when pushing above the target we settled with was 9ms and duty cycle is around 90 percent. He said that in order to use more boost I would need to upgrade the fuel system to increase the amount of fuel the injectors can supply to the cylinders without stressing the fuel injectors and cause misfire. I don't know the Fuel pressure that was achieved during the dyno session. The potential boost output of my big turbo is 32 psi and I'm only pushing 22psi. Is there any way to increase fuel supply to the DI system so I can push past 330.