Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
Bryceb466

Tuning help please

Post by Bryceb466 »

Just did prl big turbo upgrade looking for safe base map to load in
EFICU

Re: Tuning help please

Post by EFICU »

This is on the 2018 Civic Si you were discussing in the other thread about the wastegate?

What octane fuel are you running?

I only see one file available from Hondata for the PRL turbo. It is a race calibration, so I'm not sure how much they recommend them for newer ECU's. I know they recommend not to use race calibrations for older ECU's. It also shows removing the factory wastegate will give you errors, and it is for 93 octane, so if you're running 91 it will have too much ignition.

Might be best to contact a reputable tuner and have them get you dialed from the beginning. If you want to dabble with the tuning yourself, wait for the Hondata guys to reply and reference the concerns or lack there of about the race calibrations.
Bryceb466

Post by Bryceb466 »

I am running 93 octane figured out wastegate issue current running +6 tune please look at log I'm new to this am I safe till I get to dyno
Attachments
drive2.fpdl
(2.58 MiB) Downloaded 98 times
drive1.fpdl
(4.2 MiB) Downloaded 79 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yes it looks like you're safe to get to the dyno. Overall it doesn't look too bad. You can drive it normal all you want from what I see, but I would not do anything near half throttle or full throttle. At 10psi of boost the air fuel ratio is almost 15:1 which is too lean to run safely for extended periods of time. It should be around 11:0, give or take to be optimal. If you can post the calibration you have in the car I can look it over. I might be able to put some fuel in it for you, but I can't guarantee anything. If nothing else, it looks safe to drive around normal, just don't do any half throttle or more stuff until you get some changes to the tune done.
Bryceb466

Post by Bryceb466 »

Civic Si Turbo MT 2017, high octane +6 PSI via Sport button and FTS
this is the tune I have in from hondata not sure how to send exact upload
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Bryceb466 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:32 pm Civic Si Turbo MT 2017, high octane +6 PSI via Sport button and FTS
this is the tune I have in from hondata not sure how to send exact upload
You have the file saved on your laptop somewhere. Upload it just like you did the datalogs before using the submit button. If you are still unable to do it, I can download the calibration you mention. Getting your exact calibration means if anything was changed for whatever reason I have that. If something has been changed, then I send you a revised calibration that is not yours it can cause issues.

So just find where you have the calibration saved on your computer, then upload just like you did with the datalogs.
Bryceb466

Post by Bryceb466 »

found it I appreciate all the help wish I could find a decent video to walk me through what to look for
Bryceb466

Post by Bryceb466 »

here it is
Attachments
+6 psi.fpcal
(15.7 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Which intake and MAF do you have in the car?

Yeah it's tough to find good videos to follow.
Bryceb466

Post by Bryceb466 »

prl cobra street maf and prl fmic
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay. In your file, under the MAF calibration tab they have a MAF curve for the race MAF, but not the street MAF. I don't have much experience with the PRL MAF stuff so I don't want to send you backwards you know.

Do you have a dyno tune planned, or what is your goal with the help you get on here? If you have a dyno planned we might leave it alone. If you don't, then we can look into it.
Bryceb466

Post by Bryceb466 »

I don't have plans of a dyno for a while its my wifes daily driver goals like 350hp
Bryceb466

Post by Bryceb466 »

clean enough to drive daily till dyno hopefully in june
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

So I looked over the MAF data and it looks pretty good for the part throttle stuff in all honesty. The trims are all within 10%, which is just fine. How comfortable are you with doing some WOT pulls from 3000-5000? As I have mentioned, I don't have much experience with these cars so I don't know how much the turbo package you have will actually throw off the fueling. From the part throttle fueling I see it looks good, how that translates to WOT I couldn't tell you without doing a baby pull and seeing how it looks. If you're comfortable with it, make a datalog with a pull in third gear from 3000-5000. Make sure to go WOT so we can make sure it engages the commanded fueling and everything. If you have your laptop open or the app, if the AFR gets into the 10:1, 11:1, or low 12:1's then you can stay in it. If you're on WOT past 5000 rpm and the AFR goes 13:1 or higher let out of it. When you first make the pull it will take a few rpm for the AFR to get into the range we want. So try a pull from 3000-5000 in third just to see how it looks. If it shows 10,11,12 something AFR, then make another pull to redline. Then we can take a look at it. If you're okay with only doing part throttle until you get tuned you are just fine.

Take the wide with you and have her watch the AFR if you want, might be safer for you. Make the pulls in an area where nobody is around.
Bryceb466

Post by Bryceb466 »

Ill post the datalog as soon as i get the chance to run it hopefully tonight or tomorrow