how to delete check engine light with hondata flashpro

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017 and FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2018
bnotes17

how to delete check engine light with hondata flashpro

Post by bnotes17 »

fairly new to this site and i could not find the answer to this. i have a 2017 honda type r. i just installed a catless invidia downpipe last night and could
not figure out how to use the flashpro to get rid of the check engine light. i am sure there is a way as i've read it somewhere sometime ago that the flashpro can do this. anyone? thanks in advance.

Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: how to delete check engine light with hondata flashpro

Post by Spunkster »

What error code are you getting?

bnotes17

Post by bnotes17 »

CEL and rev match system malfunction.

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You need to datalog and see what the actual error code is.

bnotes17

Post by bnotes17 »

ok, i am away from home for 3 days and will do that when i get back. thanks for the response. i appreciate it...

moneybags

Post by moneybags »

If you have a catless downpipe you need to disable o2 and reflash the car. make sure to disable the secondary o2 sensor and p0136 and p0139 from closed loop then reflash the car with your desired tune. that should fix the check engine and rev match errors.

bnotes17

Post by bnotes17 »

ok, i'll try that when i get back home. thank you so much!!!

bnotes17

Post by bnotes17 »

moneybags wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:49 pm
If you have a catless downpipe you need to disable o2 and reflash the car. make sure to disable the secondary o2 sensor and p0136 and p0139 from closed loop then reflash the car with your desired tune. that should fix the check engine and rev match errors.
well, just tried this and it didnt work. am now finding that it is not an isolated case on my side. i've read elsewhere that other people are having the issue and i have the latest flashmanager as well. once again, everything was fine, on my 17 type r until i installed the invidia catless downpipe, so i am sure it is the culprit. i've known from before that the flashpro can fix this why i ended up with a catless.

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What is the actual error code you are getting?

bnotes17

Post by bnotes17 »

Spunkster wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:49 pm
You need to datalog and see what the actual error code is.
how do i get the actual error code? using the flashpro. am new using the flashpro and never have fooled around with it. i just got it 2 wks ago. all i know is that the emission system problem and the rev match system problem flashes on my dash.
thanks!

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

With the software open and everything connected begin datalogging and look at the error codes and see what error code has been set.

bnotes17

Post by bnotes17 »

moneybags wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:49 pm
ok, i tried this again and IT TOOK CARE of the emission system problem and went away, but the rev match system problem is still there! thanks am only down to one!

bnotes17

Post by bnotes17 »

Spunkster wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:46 pm
With the software open and everything connected begin datalogging and look at the error codes and see what error code has been set.
ill try this tomorrow as i am EST. thanks again and hopefully, things will turn out right am sure! have never owned a tuner honda ever and my 17 type r is my first.

bnotes17

Post by bnotes17 »

YIKES! emission system problem back ON after driving a few miles. i thought it took care of it. rev match system problem as well. will need to datalog and find out the exact code later.

bnotes17

Post by bnotes17 »

Spunkster wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:46 pm
trying to do this but, couldnt figure it out. sorry, am a nerd when it comes to electronics/computer. can you tell me step by step to get there? thanks!