Bluetooth pairing, but no connectivity

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
nYdGeo

Bluetooth pairing, but no connectivity

Post by nYdGeo »

I purchased the remote jailbreak and unlocked my ECU of my 2019 CTR on Saturday , 2/08,and flashed it with the default preset for 93-octane with Intercooler. I added the checkbox to remove rev-hang and changed the Traction Control to the one that also affects 1st gear as I never plan to do a wide-open, tire spinning launch. (Note: you can still easily get wheelspin in 1st gear with that setting enabled. A little in second gear, but the traction control has more time and appears far more helpful in second than first.)

I immediately hacked my infotainment center and installed the Android app. I noticed that I could get the car to pair with the FlashPro, but it will not connect. I then learned that I can pair my phone to the FlashPro, but it also will not connect to it, thought the same phone with the same app pairs to and connects/communicates with the FlashPro in our 2015 Si. I connected my little generic Bluetooth ODBII port adapter that I've been long using with the Torque app and it's still paired, but will no longer connect to and communicate with my phone.

So, for the past 10-days, since jailbreaking and flashing my ECU with my FlashPro, both the FlashPro and my little Bluetooth OBDIIport reader will pair to other devices (Ifotainment center in the CTR and my phone) but neither will not connect to or communicate with those other devices. Is there a setting in FlashPro that may have become enabled that would disable such communication?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Bluetooth pairing, but no connectivity

Post by Spunkster »

Do you have it checked for the alternate pairing mode for 2018+ civic?
nYdGeo

Post by nYdGeo »

Thank you for your reply. I did change that to get it to pair with the car, which it did. It just won't connect after pairing.

However, you're right. I needed to change that setting in the FlashPro for the head unit. It'll pair again and connect to both FlashPro and the Torque app on my phone.

Think I've figured it all out. I saw the Hondata mobile app on their website, but nothing anywhere tells you that it's a different app from the Android app...the regular Android app. Once I saw that the versions are different, I realized I have the wrong app installed in my car head unit. So, I got rid of that, downloaded the correct one through the Hondata app on my laptop, moved it to a flash drive and tried to install it. The Honda Hack app in the head unit won't see it.

I reformatted the drive in Windows and tried again. Head unit won't see it. Plugged the drive into an Android streaming device, went into the storage settings and formatted the flash drive from the Android device. Copied the app back over, try it again and the Honda hack app still says it cannot find an installable APK file.

If I had known this would be this much trouble, I wouldn't have wasted all the money on the Honda hack and just used my phone from the start.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What USB port on the vehicle are you plugging the USB stick into?

What format is the USB stick, NTFS, FAT32, EXFAT....?

Which program are you using to install the app?
nYdGeo

Post by nYdGeo »

I've tried both USB ports because I want sure if only one works for data. Both Windows and the Android device formatted the flash drive as exFat. I'm trying to use the software installation section of the Honda Hack app to install it. It just reports no valid installation files found.

Though I knew it was a waste of time, I even tried the built-in Software Installer that's part of the car's system.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You must run the Honda installer app to install the Hondata app from the USB stick.

http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=21100
nYdGeo

Post by nYdGeo »

That's the one. After removing the the wrong one, I tried that one. There's also a button within the Hondata app to download the same app.

Anyway, that's the one I have on the flashdrive. I plugged the flashdrive into both USB ports in my CTR. I cannot get the HondaHack app installed in the Head unit to see the installer on the flashdrive so that I can install it.
nYdGeo

Post by nYdGeo »

Yep, tried that one. There's a link within the Hondata app that downloads the exact same app, just named differently. Have tried both. Issue is that the Honda Hack installer fails to see the installer file on the flashdrive.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You may need to contact the creators of the Honda Hack for help with this.
nYdGeo

Post by nYdGeo »

It is approaching that point. I'll keep trying until I'm confident I've tried every combination. I don't want to contact them only to learn I missed some simply, obvious item.

Thanks for the input!