Need Help Diagnosing Low Boost(datalogs included)

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
fk8black

Need Help Diagnosing Low Boost(datalogs included)

Post by fk8black »

Mods : Prl high flow cat, Prl flex fuel kit, touring exhaust, prl high volume intake Hondata
I installed the prl flex fuel kit and prl intake and my car was running fine. The boost was fine. After installing the prl downpipe and awe exhaust, I have have come up with an issue. The max boost I am pushing is about 8 psi. When I did a couple of pulls there was times that I would only get 8psi then all of a sudden it would shoot up to the normal around 17~19psi and continue at that psi after changing gears(I was not datalogging during those pulls). Now I am only able to get max 8psi. I have checked my datalogs after a few pulls and the BPCMD is around 16psi but my actual BP is max 8psi. Also my MAP is reading the same around 8psi. I installed the stock airbox back in, in hopes of maybe being a leak but I'm still in the same situation. Help in pointing me in the right direction to fix this boost issue would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
03092102.fpdl
(2.83 MiB) Downloaded 111 times
sloth4urluv

Re: Need Help Diagnosing Low Boost(datalogs included)

Post by sloth4urluv »

Probably hard to tell with the PRL HVI on, but when you put the stock intake back on did you hear any strange noises?
Looks like you have a leak somewhere.

Your waste gate is acting like an on/off switch and is fully closed whenever you get on the throttle.
AF is fluctuating more than it should under WOT and your Short Term Trim gets down to -15%.

To me that sounds like the MAF is metering the air but it is getting lost before the MAP sensor.

I know you didn't touch the intercooler or charge pipes but it sounds like the leak could be there.
I had a similar issue on mine where I developed a boost leak on the front right stock charge pipe and literally did not touch it at all.

What does it sound like?
Is the turbo furiously spinning but not developing boost, or is the turbo not fully spooling?
For me my leak wasn't as bad as yours but the car was much louder and almost sounded like the PRL HVI.

Id be gentle on the throttle until you get this resolved. Looks like you have the underboost error code disabled and if there is an boost leak the turbo can overspeed.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Need Help Diagnosing Low Boost(datalogs included)

Post by Hondata »

Stop! You are over-speeding the turbo.

Fix this before driving the car in boost otherwise the turbo will self destruct which takes out the rest of the engine.

It probably is an O ring on the intercooler, a split hose or misaligned clamp. The problem is on the pressure side of the turbo so don't bother looking at the intake side.
Hondata