Can someone please check my datalog for knocks

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
k2keung

Can someone please check my datalog for knocks

Post by k2keung »

Just wanted to make sure my tune is safe for the gas I'm currently using

MOD LIST:
FBO 2018 FK8 Type-R
PRL HVI Intake (Street MAF)
PRL Titanium Turbo Inlet Pipe
PRL ... Downpipe
PRL Intercooler
PRL Charge pipes
AWE Front Pipe
AWE Touring Exhaust
pulls94PetroCAN.fpdl
This is most recent pulls
(433 Bytes) Downloaded 64 times
- this map has WOT pulls; for some reason seems a lot smaller than the other datalog i made.
PetroCAN94gas.fpdl
(3.43 MiB) Downloaded 68 times
The tune requires good 91 Octane but recommended 93+ ; Our Canadian gas apparently isn't as good as US gas so I just wanted to make sure the car was operating safe.

Thanks in advance for those who take the time to answer!
k2keung

Re: Can someone please check my datalog for knocks

Post by k2keung »

i added one more datalog as the one i did the pulls on seems somewhat small to seem to be right
Attachments
datalog0001.fpdl
(2.41 MiB) Downloaded 65 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

So I was leaving this thread alone hoping someone with more FK8 experience would help you. From what I see, it looks pretty good. The fueling is following commanded, and there is no knock retard happening on the WOT pulls which from my understanding means you don't have any knock. I guess the new ECU's don't register knock, but watching the knock retard helps to show if it is knocking. Therefore, since you don't have any knock retard happening on the WOT pull you should be fine with this calibration. Just be sure to always use the best fuel you can. The ECU can compensate for some knock, but always try to find the best quality gas you can at all times.

I would continue to datalog and focus your attention on the knock retard function in the datalog to see if you do end up getting some ignition retard or not.
k2keung

Post by k2keung »

EFICU wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:30 pm So I was leaving this thread alone hoping someone with more FK8 experience would help you. From what I see, it looks pretty good. The fueling is following commanded, and there is no knock retard happening on the WOT pulls which from my understanding means you don't have any knock. I guess the new ECU's don't register knock, but watching the knock retard helps to show if it is knocking. Therefore, since you don't have any knock retard happening on the WOT pull you should be fine with this calibration. Just be sure to always use the best fuel you can. The ECU can compensate for some knock, but always try to find the best quality gas you can at all times.

I would continue to datalog and focus your attention on the knock retard function in the datalog to see if you do end up getting some ignition retard or not.
Yea the tune was made in the US, I was a bit worried with our gas quality here; I'm already using the best available gas we have here hence why i reached out to the community.

Appreciate the time taken to respond!