2008 Japanese Honda 8th gen V6 3.5L

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2008+ Accord, Americas and international
darkcashyz

2008 Japanese Honda 8th gen V6 3.5L

Post by darkcashyz »

Hi,

I have these questions that I can't get from my local dealer. I bought an engine and transmission with full wiring harness from a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) Honda Inspire CP3 V6 5A/T, it's basically is an 8th gen Honda Accord V6 3.5L 5A/T with just a different name in Japan. I swapped this J35Z2 in my Nissan B17 Sentra with everything working fine except traction control and stability control because I still run ABS from local system of my Sentra, so there is no ABS signal from the original Honda system is available, everything else works fine and it runs great.

The bad news is it's not a Keihin ECU but it's a TEMIC one, serial number is 37820-R74-J63. And it says on Hondata website that this 37820-R74-J63 ECU is not supported by Hondata. I just want to know if there is workaround to get my ECU to work with Hondata? It can be reflashed normally using Honda 2048k CAN protocol from Honda's OBD II port, it was done by my local tuner. He got JDM 180km/h speed limiter lifted to 290km/h and he tuned my fuel & ignition timing, I gained 20hp from this. So I just assumed that Hondata would work with my ECU too?!

0-140km/h
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p8HOZI ... DQFSzLA2zX_/
130-200km/h
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ys2j6l ... 3YYjjMAqu/

In my plan, I really want to go for boost in the future. And I think Hondata is a great choice for me because I don't want any other extra ECU, my car is full of 2 systems' wiring harnesses already, both Nissan and Honda. If Hondata works with my ECU, it's like having a full standalone ECU that still controls my 5A/T transmission, and it won't mess my car up with some extra wires that I don't want in my car.

So pleaseeeeeeeeeee, tell me if it will be working with my ECU or not?

Thank you,
Cash

Hondata
Site Admin

Re: 2008 Japanese Honda 8th gen V6 3.5L

Post by Hondata »

It looks like a cool swap but if you switch ECUs and use Hondata you're going to have the same behavior as before - the TC & VSA is not going to work, and I suspect there are a bunch of other errors from things like the cluster and TPMS.
Hondata
darkcashyz

Post by darkcashyz »

I'm currently using both system in my car. Nissan ECU for body control and Honda ECU for engine and automatic transmission and they are fully working together well. Only some errors are that traction control and stability control, I don't mind that. I just curious to know if Hondata will work with my ECU or not. I don't want to add an extra ECU to control my tuning because I have 2 wiring harness in my car from Nissan and Honda already. The thing is I want to go for turbo next year, Hondata would help a lot to get my car tuned right without any additional ECU installed, save the space for wiring harness, and that would save a lot of money haha.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You would have to switch to an ECU we support. 07-08 TL or 08-10 Accord.
Hondata