2019 Accord 2.0T "Systems Initializing.. Continue Driving"

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2008+ Accord, Americas and international
CirnoTV

2019 Accord 2.0T "Systems Initializing.. Continue Driving"

Post by CirnoTV »

Hello there! So a quick bit of backstory, a month and a half ago my car died doing a pull onto the highway. I initially didn't wanna work on the car myself so it went to a local shop and when they couldn't figure it out went to a honda dealership. I eventually took the car back and fixed it myself since the dealership was utter trash. The issue ended up being a blown turbo that was a quick fix. Anyways, during that month and a half of being screwed around by different shops things were reflashed probably at least a dozen times on top of the battery also being disconnected for extended periods. I know generally after a flash the cluster of lights that pop up disappear after driving around for a few minutes, but after close to 200KM of driving they're still there. I made absolutely sure everything is properly plugged in and properly calibrated in hondata. Outside of those lights showing the car works flawlessly. Boost comes on great, things like the e-brake work and it seems like traction control is working also.

I'm wondering if due to the large amount of re-flashing without the car being able to drive around and clear the messages if it's just going to take a much longer time than normal to get rid of them. All flashes that were done were done in the proper orders so I don't think I messed up my ECU. I also tried some basic fixes like letting the battery drain and unplugging and replugging the ECU. I'm getting no CEL and using my own scan tool and hondata's scan tool I am getting no actual errors related to any of those symptoms. I'm hoping things will clear up on their own and it'll just take longer than normal but I am just wondering if there's someting I might be missing.

Thanks in advance!
CirnoTV

Re: 2019 Accord 2.0T "Systems Initializing.. Continue Driving"

Post by CirnoTV »

Sorry I should mention traction control is actually NOT working currently 'till the systems initialize properly. It's been making driving alberta winters real fun right now.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

This message means that the wheel speed calibration has been cleared by loss of battery power. If normally clears in about 200 feet of driving. If not, I suspect a wheel speed or similar sensor is out which prevents the systems from initializing. To be sure it is not the ECU return to stock and see if it clears.
Hondata
CirnoTV

Post by CirnoTV »

I returned to stock and did a couple laps around the block and it's still there along with all the other messages like power steering and parking brake errors. although the power steering and parking brake work 100% fine. I had a look at the wheel speed sensors and they are still connected, at least on the wheel well side. I'm not sure where the other end of the wire goes
CirnoTV

Post by CirnoTV »

Quick update, I pulled off the front 2 wheels and made absolutely sure the sensors were all seated and connected properly and they are.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Keep driving it may take a number of miles for it to clear itself.
CirnoTV

Post by CirnoTV »

Should I drive around on the stock flash?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Yes. Then you will know it is nothing to do with the FlashPro.
Hondata
CirnoTV

Post by CirnoTV »

Oh yeah dont worry I'm not blaming the flash pro. I probably messed something up in one of the dozens of flashes that were done. If this never clears even under stock I imagine I'll have to get my ECU reprogrammed somewhere. Is there any way to turn off all the warning messages? Or are they there till I can get them to clear
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

There is nothing in the software to make them go away. They must clear on their own.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Return to stock, if it does not clear take it to Honda.
Hondata
CirnoTV

Post by CirnoTV »

Just a quick update. I cleared all the codes and drove for a bit and the 3 that came back were U3000-54, C0072-00, and C0051-54. Those all tell me I need to reset the VSA system and go through the calibration procedure. I ordered a scan tool that will let me do just that because I had a horrible experience with the honda dealership near me and am trying to avoid going back there at all cost. Ill report back on Friday and update on how things went
CirnoTV

Post by CirnoTV »

Just a quick update. Got my scan tool in that lets me recalibrate the vsa/abs sensors. Did thr quick calibration and all lights and warnings are now gone. Everything is perfect now and im loving the hell out of the hondata.
MikeGen10Accord

Post by MikeGen10Accord »

I'm having similar issues, can you tell me what scan tool you ordered and the steps to clear?
Thanks
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I suggest using the option to clear the DTCs from the OBDII Diagnostics window.
Hondata