Honda Integra DC5 Type R JDM - Valve Springs Issue

Post your non-Hondata questions / problems here.
Stryk3r

Honda Integra DC5 Type R JDM - Valve Springs Issue

Post by Stryk3r »

so finally i was able to clear out all the mess of engine check light and also battery light constantly on even after starting the car , now it was time to change oil and clean up the vtec switch and alos the chamber , and the night mare started again ..... there was alot of metal parts + springs etc in the chamber net. i instantly opened the valve cover to see the Brian crower dual valve springs i was using , and i was amazed to see few of the secondary springs were shredded to peices.

can anyone advice what can be the possible cause of dual valve springs (brian crower with titanium seats etc) to break? the damaged ones are only the one inside , the car was running fine and i couldnt even make notice this thing , its just when i opened the chamber i was shocked !!

can someone also help me what to do now i am not going to run or rev the car on single primary valve springs its not safe to drive high revving motors like K20A right?

also now that the brian crower titanium seats are OK and the outer springs are OK - only the inside dual (secondary valve springs have broken) can , please advice if its possible to buy only new inner springs or buy a lower priced alternate SKUNK2 or KMS etc .. and install the titanium retainers (Brian Crower) will they work together? or i have to buy the same brand retainers ?

inshort i have working retainers + main (primary springs with me) what else to buy? to complete the car is driving fine , but i Dont want to take chances what so ever !!