Car stalling. CEL never comes on.

Post your non-Hondata questions / problems here.
90coupeTX

Car stalling. CEL never comes on.

Post by 90coupeTX »

Hey all. Have been clicking along getting shit done on my 1990 accord ex coupe which I just bought in Feb. To date I've replaced left cv axle, upper and lower tube seals, cam shaft seal, did valve lash adj., cleaned fitv and iacv. changed plugs and wires, new wheels, new battery clamps, a couple of vacuum hoses, etc... Any way, 2 days ago, I drove the car a short distance (less than 5 miles), got out and when I came back the car wouldn't start. Waited a few minutes and it started back up. Didn't happen again until yesterday. I was advised it was more than likely the ect sensor, which I replaced. Drove the car for about 20 minutes, when it stalled while driving down the road , again it started back up after a few. did it again later in the day, same result, let it set for a while and it started back up. My problem, besides the stalling, not wanting to start back up, is the cel never comes on, even when turning the ignition to on. any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm on a strictly diy budget.