which motor to use ?

Post your non-Hondata questions / problems here.
Tegboy420

Post by Tegboy420 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:35 am

You really shouldn't speak with such arrogance when you are about as incorrect as it can get. Please...tell me with some actual factual information WHY the b20 crank would fail under high boost as opposed to any other b-series crank. oh and "because my friends who have the fastest civic say so" doesn't mean much to anyone. The cranks are all the same, the only reason to change out the crank to a vtec one is because the stroke is designed to rev higher without putting load on the walls of the cylinders. I've been running 18psi for over a year now on a balanced b18b crank (same as b20), and I seriously doubt if something were to fail it would be the crank. If you want to rev up to and over 9000 rpms reliably, than get the vtec crank. If you will be satisified with a 8000-8500 redline stick with the b18b/b20 crank. How much boost you are running is irrelevent.

DaX

Re: waste

Post by DaX » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:14 am

sleepdc2r wrote:all i am saying if your going to do something do it right not half ass it

"B16 heads and B18C5 heads are the same chunk of metal with different internals. Besides redline, cams, and quality of valvetrain" well your just showing how smart you are i would watch legend of the type r the dvd explains all the differnces it is made by the people at best motoring the people who show the battles ae86 vs bnr33 those people know what they are talking about. the first thing is the head on the b18c5 is that all the way up to 98 the heads were port and polished by hand so end the end they are the same because the both start with a b and they go into hondas so i am saying build it right or dont cry about how money is a factor it is not wasted money are race seats a waste of money? no it is all safety for you and your car oh i am paid to drive my car are you?
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Dewd, your pen0r is so much bigger than mine, you totally pwn3d me!!!11one

You're just blowing hot air...everyone I've talked to says you're wrong...and that's fine. Again, go put an aftermarket crank in your car with your racing seats. Hell, since you're replacing things that might break, why not replace EVERYTHING in the car? If you want, check this out:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=889803&page=2

Nobody seems to agree with you...

I'm done with this. I can't believe I've already stooped to your level. Enjoy your aftermarket crank!

sleepdc2r

Post by sleepdc2r » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:34 pm

all i am saying if your goning to build a car do it the right way yes i am talking replacing every thing in the car so you no issues with those werid things that come up I AM NOT WRONG go to a track ask people with fully built cars ask how many changed it. as far as stooping to my level people like you and the other guy that thought he could add his thoughts you would be REACHING to my level i have money i dont cry about a girlfriend
taking my money it all goes to my car that includes a crank as well my girlfriend works on my ar as well so i am saying build the whole car every thing

sleepdc2r

Post by sleepdc2r » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:02 pm

tegboy? tegboy first off dont waste my time i was not talking to you!!!!!!! i did not say i cared how much boost you run I DONT CARE> clear ? second when you crank fails and you see me fly past you you will know it is do to the aftermarket crank what you dumbfucks are not seeing my point here it is spelled out for your broke asses take the motor a part rebuild EVERYTHING.....money is not a problem for me so that is why my car will be faster. now as far as my people with the fast civic i was sighting a point just like dax name dropping if you will now go back and read what i have said then you might under stand maybe buying a b20 there is no tell how the car was kept so when building that set up would hurt to change the crank maybe not but i want no reason for shit geting fucked up oh and you said it your self read what you wrote " the only reason to change out the crank to a vtec one is because the stroke is designed to rev higher without putting load on the walls of the cylinders" thank you and " If you want to rev up to and over 9000 rpms reliably," yes i am arrogant that is what makes me better than unsaid names hahahahah