NEWBIE ? for hondata manifold gasket

Post your non-Hondata questions / problems here.
tboostdsi

NEWBIE ? for hondata manifold gasket

Post by tboostdsi »

I was reading on the intake manifold gasket and i cam across something about bypassing the heater hose or something like that. Anyhow, my question is would getting the intake manifold gasket effect the use of my heater or any other functions of my car. ac/ heater/?? I am about to get one for my b18c5 motor w jrsc.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

For anything other than a race application you do not need to do anything with the heater circuit. The only thing you should consider is bypassing the hot water which runs through the throttle body and idle valve. This is fairly easy - re-routing some small hoses into loops.
Hondata
tboostdsi

Post by tboostdsi »

i am getting ready to have comptech swap my b18 c5 and i am going to have them put the hondata heatshield gasket on as well....thanks for all your input.
Last edited by tboostdsi on Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Yes, your heater will work fine. The only tricks with the manifold is to make sure the nuts are torqued evenly when installing and then re-torque after the first couple of heat cycles.
Hondata
DaX

Post by DaX »

Hondata wrote:For anything other than a race application you do not need to do anything with the heater circuit. The only thing you should consider is bypassing the hot water which runs through the throttle body and idle valve. This is fairly easy - re-routing some small hoses into loops.
Is it OK to bypass the IACV? I though you should only bypass the FITV and TB coolant lines?