Sequential (Timed) Fuel Injection

Post your non-Hondata questions / problems here.
Revolver

Sequential (Timed) Fuel Injection

Post by Revolver » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:59 pm

Do any Hondas/Acuras other than the NSX, S2000, and other NSX powered Hondas/Acuras have sequential fuel injection? To be specific I mean each injector is fired independantly of each other and each injector is fired as its respective intake valves are opening. Im curious if any of the B, K, or any other Honda engines have this because to my knowledge aside from the models listed above the rest all have standard batch fire injection.

Thanks for any info!

DaX

Post by DaX » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:37 pm

Not sure if this is what you're asking, but all Honda ECU's I've worked with [with the exception of DPFI] have a separate firing circuit for each of the four injectors, and fires them independently. Firing all four injectors simultaneously would be wasteful, as one cylinder would get proper fueling, while the other cylinders have closed valves, allowing fuel to puddle and condense out of it's atomized state. I would like to think that Honda engineers wouldn't design a system like this.

Revolver

Post by Revolver » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:49 pm

Engines don't operate slow enough for that to be a major issue, especially at high rpm. Sequential Injection only benfits emissions but my question is not regarding Batch vs Sequential instead its what Honda engines have it and what ones don't.