Need some Oppinions

Post your non-Hondata questions / problems here.
shizzy

Need some Oppinions

Post by shizzy »

Hey guys,

I currently own a Turbo gsr with Hondata s300 and I love it however being that I live in MA its getting harder and harder to get a sticker. I only really drive the car during the summer months and have a daily driver to get around in well to make a long story short. I've been thinking lately of either turning it into a show/weekend drag car or just getting rid of it so basicly I'm just asking for some oppinions on what you would do in a situation like this after dumping a shit load of money into the hobby?

Thanks for your time
inspector01

Post by inspector01 »

Keep it and race it.....but than again it is yours, do what would like to with it.
shizzy

Post by shizzy »

Yeah I've been thinking about that strongly I just hate to have to trailer it everywhere :(
inspector01

Post by inspector01 »

I would assume you cant pass their testing?? A few ways around that for a weekend car, find a friend with a dealership and use dealer plates whenever you want to drive, or find someone out of state in an easy state to register through and do it there. I plan on registering my car at my moms (minnesota, no testing at all) if I ever move somewhere that tests.
shizzy

Post by shizzy »

Yup the way they test here is that they plug into your obd2 port and check for codes. I can put the stock ecu in but I would have to change more than just that like Injectors and such also not sure what would happen seeing I have a built motor. The inspection here is once a year so it would be a pain in the rear to have to make your car almost stock again.
Those are good ideas to aleviate the hassle of always trying to find someone who will pass you