hondata or not?

Post your non-Hondata questions / problems here.
gogogsr

hondata or not?

Post by gogogsr »

sup guys I have a 99 high flow GSR, and I'm getting the obd1. I was wondering if the s100 would do that big of a difference on my 1/4 mile times.

thanks,Matt
DaX

Post by DaX »

High Flow? You mean ported? Not laughing at you, but you said "the OBD1" like it's some kind of disease or drug. :) I'm sure the S100 could help tune out a few extra ponies.
gogogsr

Post by gogogsr »

I meant high flow like CAI, header, full cat back exhaust, intake manifold tb,
Last edited by gogogsr on Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
AndyE

Post by AndyE »

You'll see some small gains, but probably not enough to justify the cost. The stock ECU already runs fairly rich at WOT, which is one reason why increasing airflow alone nets you such large gains.

For a B-series engine, a Hondata system really only shows its worth when you move beyond bolt-ons and into more aggressive cams or into forced induction, or if you need some of the bells and whistles it provides (e.g. datalogging, 3-step rev limiter).
I meant high flow like CAI, header, full cat back exhaust, intake manifold tb, dumbass
As an aside, calling a veteran forum member a "dumbass" on your second posting to a new forum (when he was basically asking you to clarify your setup) typically isn't a good way to get help here.

-Andy
Last edited by AndyE on Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
'99 EBP Si
S200 w/everything|12psi JRSC|Heatshield
AEM CAI|Kamikaze headers
Custom (quiet) 2.5" exhaust
Quaife LSD|JUN 9lb flywheel|ACT XTSS clutch
Eibach Pro-Kit/KYB AGX
Full polyurethane bushings/mounts
OZ 16x7 Superleggera + Sumi HTR Z II
gogogsr

Post by gogogsr »

if i'm getting some skunk2 cams do I need the hondata
AndyE

Post by AndyE »

Need is a relative term. :)

Decide for yourself: if you want to see some examples of what a Hondata system can do for a setup with more aggressive cams, take a look at the dyno charts on Hondata's web site. The '98 ITR is a good example.
DaX

Post by DaX »

Yeah, no need for getting riled up...I'm just here to learn and teach when I can. Like AndyE said, need is relative. What stage cam are you getting from Skunk 2? The higher stage the cam, more than likely the more improvement you'll see from using a Hondata engine management system. Just as an aside, I've heard that Skunk 2 Stage I cams are very similar to stock, just a little noisier. If you haven't bought them yet, I'd go Stage II or better, depending on your application.