torque table limit question

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
tmyers668

torque table limit question

Post by tmyers668 »

So let me start this off by saying I'm brand new at this. I have a 2017 civic si totally stock outside the hondata. I have loaded the +6 psi non carb tune and I have been playing with some of the mods. Namely the better throttle response and disabled the rev hang. I had a couple issues with knock, but only a few. I think the highest I saw was 37 on a 2.5 hour drive. It all seemed to be in the 2-3k rpm in the 0 and 3 columns on the egr so I pulled a couple degrees out there and it seems to have corrected it. The only way I could make it knock once was to run 5th gear a 40 mph and try to punch it. I am kind of worried about knock and wondered if this was acceptable. The other time I seem to get a knock of only 1 or 2 is at a max rpm shift. 6500 or so. Any ideas on this would be awesome. but the real question is about the torque table. I'm running 655 in the sport mode but was wondering what the stock limit for normal mode is because 250 allows it to run more boost than the factory normal mode. I want to try to get the best gas mileage I can for pretty much doing 80 constantly (lol). I have also changed the air fuel for what I believe is less than 40 % throttle and below 3k on the WOT table to be 14.7. But occasionally the computer is commanding an afr in the mid 15s .. I really don't want to run lean at all. Is the also a closed loop fuel table because I cant seem to find it.

Thanks in advance.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: torque table limit question

Post by Spunkster »

What fuel are you using as you shouldn't have had to make too many changes to the ignition?

The stock limit is 260. The tc pressure ration table and knock air limit were raised to allow it to make more boost. It will command leaner conditions and this is normal and will help you get better fuel economy.
tmyers668

Post by tmyers668 »

Fuels is 93 I also put a bottle of 108 octane boost in it from advance. I thought I might have had bad fuel. but I had about a half a tank of 93 left and filled it back up with 93. I was only getting 7 or 8 knocks over 20 to 30 min of driving but I really didn't want any. The sport mode really didn't seem to work as it is running about +3 psi in normal and 6 in sport so not a lot of difference in the 2. That's why I wondered if lowering the torque table in normal mode would help out the mileage any. Please don't get me wrong it's way beefier than stock.
One other thing I noticed in mods was optimized turbo response which I loved when I tried it but it is a neck breaker in city traffic. is there any way to make that work only in sport mode? BTW that option really seemed to kill the mileage the worst. That's why sport only for it would be awesome. I have some data logs with knocks but they are kind of big. I have 2 fresh 3rd gear pull from today about 30 seconds each after the egr adjustment no knocks on either. I don't know how to upload them to the forum but I'm guessing if you want to see them someone can tell me how to post them.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can change the torque limit tables for the different modes manually, but throttle response is the same for all modes.

To upload you just click the attachment button and find the file you want to attach.
tmyers668

Post by tmyers668 »

I got a couple knocks on the way home today and i know one is false because i hit a 2 plus inch rise in pavement I construction right when it happened.. It's it possible I'm lugging the engine and requesting too much power like say 60 mph in sixth and then hammering it?
gtman

Post by gtman »

Keep in mind, knock count isn't a really good indicator on this platform. The real important number to concentrate on is Knock Control. The closer it stays to .54, the better.
tmyers668

Post by tmyers668 »

Well right after it gets a knock say 2 or 3 together knock control is about 83% then about 8 min later 54%. Then 3 more knocks 18 min later back up to 65% then 4 min back to 54. All my knocks seem to be between 2250 and 3500 rpm at interstate speed 70 to 85 mph. With reasonably steady pedal. Not smashing it. That's why I was dialing back a little on the egr table. But like I said I have very little idea about what I'm doing. It also doesn't matter if I'm in regular or sport mode. If I get on it really it doesn't knock at all. But I'll have to look at knock control on my short pulls.
tmyers668

Post by tmyers668 »

I just checked a full hard third gear pull no knocks and knock control was 54 & 53%