WOT adjustment table

FlashPro Manager software
Lerlo

WOT adjustment table

Post by Lerlo »

Hi, can somebody tell me if I understand correctly the WOT adjustment tables?

Im have a FN2 type R

- The FN2 from factory are tuned via the AFM
- There are 3 modes the ECU can be in, 1- Closed Loop, 2 - Closed Loop WOT & 3- Open Loop
- Close loop AFR are set via "Closed Loop Target Lambda" and if not in WOT, S.Trim will aim to keep it at that
- Closed Loop WOT is where the "WOT Lambda Adjustment" is above 12.5 AFR, in this mode, the fuel is S.Trim-ed to follow the tables's AFR target
- Open loop is where the "WOT Lambda Adjustment" is below 12.5 AFR, in this mode, the AFR is just a reference and a % correction is done off some fuel map(Not visible to us?)
- It is not good to keep the ECU running at Closed Loop all the time
- As such, AFM tune, we are limited to a max of 12.49 AFR for open loop. (No leaner)
Lerlo

Re: WOT adjustment table

Post by Lerlo »

Hi everyone,

Just wondering why there isn't any response for my posts. Hello, how's everybody doing?
antkouv

WOT lambda adjustments

Post by antkouv »

Hello,

I am trying to understand what the WOT tables do (and why) and whether I need to modify these for my application. The description in the help file is also not very helpful (imo). It mentions that the tables include the lambda adjustment to the main fuel table, assuming that the main table has values that produce a base stoichiometric AFR. Does this mean that the value in WOT lambda table are a factor that is multiplied (divided?) by the main fuel table value?

The help file also says that it is important to not have any value in the table above 0,85 (in order not to go into closed loop) while the example right above this comment has values above 0,85.

Could you please explain how these tables operate (for closed and open loop).
Attachments
WOT.jpg
WOT.jpg (200.47 KiB) Viewed 4133 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It works as you described. The fuel tables are tuned to stoichiometric. When the ECU goes into WOT mode then it enrichens based on a multiplier from the WOT table. eg if the WOT table has a value of 0.85 then it is going to multiply the fuel by 1/0.85 = 17.5% The actual lambda the engine runs depends on how close the fuel tables have been tuned to stoichiometric.
Hondata
antkouv

Post by antkouv »

Thanks for the reply. But for FI (speed density) setups you need to use the main fuel tables for the open loop operation, in order to get the desired AFR and just set the WOT table values to 12.46 in order not to have the ECU go into closed loop(for the last 3 columns). Correct?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The WOT tables as used for both mass flow and speed density tuning. You need either the AFM tuning or main fuel tables to be close to stoichiometric to keep the fuel trims close to 0%, and then the WOT is applied at high load.
Hondata
antkouv

Post by antkouv »

I am talking about FI setup where the target AFR is not stoichiometric when under boost.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

What target? Are you confusing the WOT compensation for target, or the tuning target settings, because on the FN2 there are no target lambda settings.
Hondata
antkouv

Post by antkouv »

"Target" in our mind. I know that the WOT is not a target but a modifier and that is what I don't understand. Why is the WOT table there, what is its use? Why have a modifier when you can tune the main fuel map to get to any AFR you wish.

edit: I am talking about a boosted S2000 but I suppose the same table is present in all cars using Flashpro
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It is because that is how Honda tunes the ECU from the factory. Everything is tuned to stoichiometric, then the WOT table is used to get the WOT lambda correct.
Hondata